June challenge - Film Noir Poster

Deadline for entry:

May challenge Winner Announced!

Gaming

26 Nov 2022 21:02 #43080 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

"failing" a quest I didn't really want to complete by killing the quest giver - and don't look at me that way, I had my reasons

Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Nov 2022 21:07 #43081 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

26 Nov 2022 22:09 #43082 by Valence

Anyway, why must I hoard those heavy Dragon bones/scales?
Had to summon my equally over-encumbered horses to ride us all home and as I approached...
There was a Giant harassing my cow and chicken!! :shakefist:

Leave it alone. It's not a painted cow!
And then he started getting involved with my carriage driver!

Just move along, will you? :pout:
I got away without provoking a fight, which was good seeing as I couldn't walk very fast without my horse, but my scared cow was halfway to Pinewatch by then. :eyeroll:
Thankfully it did return later in the evening...

More importantly though, look at all the plants I'm growing for that alchemist's job. :excited:

Time for harvesting. :aha:
Attachments:

26 Nov 2022 22:56 #43083 by Valence
That damn giant came back at night! :shakefist:

My cow is running off again in the distance, Rayya's started the fight with her curved swords (that's "curved" swords) and at his big feet my chicken is... My chicken is...

:rage:
I shouted the big fellow down the hill and killed him.
And this time I managed to see my cow slowly returning again...

But I am now somewhat short of chickens. Should I try planting them to see if they grow like that Nightshade? :dumb:
Attachments:

26 Nov 2022 23:51 #43084 by Charlotte
How do you get a cow and chicken anyway? Is that a mod? Or specific houses?

I think it's a shame you can't talk to chicken and cows and goats, like you can with dogs. Even if the dogs just bark when you do. Once a goat tried to stare me down, or something, though. :dry: It just stared me in the face and kept walking as if it was trying to walk THROUGH me. It did give up eventually, however. (No, I'd never give in, especially not when my opponent is a goat :stare: )

I am kind of thinking I should have waited longer and killed everyone at that eh, spoilery thing earlier... but anyhow, after that I went to one of those places one can neither pronounce nor spell, and killed a bunch of falmer, met my first chaurons... chaurus? well, those bugs that weren't anything like I thought. Probably because the name makes me think "saurons", or dinos.... :dumb: Anyway, I have a bunch of their eggs now.

And I should have been in bed hours ago. Oops. :zzz:!

27 Nov 2022 00:35 - 27 Nov 2022 00:41 #43085 by Valence
Not a mod. :nope:
It's the homestead house that you slowly build. This one is Lakeview Manor that you get from the Jarl of Falkreath. You get to have places to plant things, chickens, a cow, a carriage (that has more destinations than the normal ones) and you can even have a bard singing songs inside too. If you like that kind of thing.

Unfortunately when I tried to get Brelyna (my steward) to get another chicken the dialogue option wasn't there any more. :(
Hopefully she'll replace them anyway? :unsure:

And I had one of those quiet wildlife moments recently when I was up by Windhelm. There was a rabbit staring down a distant snowy sabre cat and as I approached it didn't want to run away from me. :excited:

Oh, that reminds me. I was supposed to be going to Riften from there, wasn't I?
I got sidetracked again. :)
Attachments:

27 Nov 2022 11:32 #43086 by Charlotte
Good. Maybe I'll get one of those houses too, one day :)

27 Nov 2022 14:42 - 27 Nov 2022 15:12 #43089 by Charlotte
:ohmy:
The three revellers only gave me another honningsbrew mead! :pout:

Edit:
"Last witness killed, bounty removed"

What? What bounty? What witness? The guy who saw my horse attack two bandits??? :dumb: 
Hey if he's hanging with the bandits, he's only got himself to blame. Unless I was supposed to rescue him. :dry: 

27 Nov 2022 15:17 #43090 by Valence
You can give it back to them next time. :lol:

The other thing I was doing last night was destroying that second charmed necklace they gave me to learn that enchantment. I then used it to enchant a ring (now named "Gold Pocket Ring Of Mass" +25 carry weight) and some hide bracers (now named "Heavy Hands" +25 more carry weight). They now combine with my other charmed necklace and my Hide Boots of Lifting and my Thieves Guild armour and my Steed Stone power and now... I'm no longer over-encumberd!
For now.

27 Nov 2022 16:03 - 27 Nov 2022 16:03 #43094 by Charlotte
You already claimed to no longer be over encumbered :stare:

and all my soul stones are too small for good enchantments :pouts:

Also, I am currently over encumbered.... and now contemplating whether I should try to get to Rorikstead (closer but small and I'm not sure I want to follow my quest there yet) or Whiterun, which is a longer ride and I'm pretty sure I'm overdue for a dragon. Especially since the last one just roared mightily overhead and then flew off into the clouds. Again. :dry: (And there were plenty of places to land, in fact it was just near that tower where a dragon attacks early on, just outside Whiterun...)