May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

02 Feb 2021 22:07 #33438 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

Mass Effect is actually one of those games I often think about uninstalling when I'm worried about storage.
I do like it but it is very repetitive and I'm not great with stat based shooty things (ditto for Fallout) but maybe I will have another go after seeing this. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Feb 2021 22:26 #33440 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Looks fancy. But... I was born to do... what, exactly? The trailer doesn't really give an idea of what the aim of the game is... Not to me, anyway... :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

03 Feb 2021 19:38 #33453 by Valence
Decades ago Banj inquired about the possible armless state of my Banker.

Behold...

The previous banker that I met did have arms but Vivaldi does not. :nope:
Attachments:

03 Feb 2021 19:52 #33454 by Charlotte
:blink:
Somehow... I don't think Banj was referring to this kind of armless... :dry:

03 Feb 2021 21:56 #33459 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Actually, that's exactly what (and whom) I was referring to :aha:

03 Feb 2021 22:04 #33461 by Valence
Google suggests that lots of people had that glitch and that it was perhaps fixed in the later edition that came with the DLC.

I tried to have a game of Gwent with him but couldn't even get the game to start for some reason. Not sure if I even have the right cards. :dunno:

I don't understand Gwent at all. :lol:

03 Feb 2021 22:10 #33463 by Charlotte
ooooh.... hmm... maybe it's not a glitch - maybe his wife made hit sleeves out of Harry Potter's invisibility cloak?
:dumb:

03 Feb 2021 22:21 #33465 by Banj

I tried to have a game of Gwent with him but couldn't even get the game to start for some reason. Not sure if I even have the right cards. :dunno:

If I remember correctly his game is part of a quest and involves playing a couple of other people, so maybe that's why. Gwent was my favourite part of the game by a long way :aha:

04 Feb 2021 20:41 - 04 Feb 2021 20:43 #33484 by Valence
I have now had my second game of Gwent. :stare:
After a bit of research I realised that I couldn't play against Vivaldi because I didn't have enough cards for the deck. It seems like you're supposed to get that final card of the deck when you beat the Gwent tutorial man (which was aaaages ago) and I didn't beat the tutorial man. I just gave up after that first loss. :oops:
But someone did just give me a card so I was now allowed to play that someone.
And I lost.
The game went exactly like that first one. I win the first round and think it's going well. I struggle and lose the second round feeling completely out of my depth. Then I don't have any cards left for the third round and get trounced.

I don't understand Gwent. :stare:

05 Feb 2021 13:57 #33487 by Banj
Visit Inn Keepers and other traders, check their inventories and buy every card they have (ideally you want to beat them at a game as well as you are rewarded with a card or two). The more cards you have, the better your deck, and the easier the game will be. It's tougher at the start as you have a pretty crappy deck selection with low value cards. You could also cheese the game buy saving before each Gwent game and reloading if you lose :stare: then you can bet the maximum on the game and not lose anything.

An important part of the game is knowing when to pass. Sometimes you want to let the opponent win a round in order to conserve more cards for the later round/s (that gets even more fun and tactical once you start getting spy cards). It also helps to have some kind of plan of action in place depending on the hand you are dealt as to what you intend to play in each round.