April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

25 Jul 2020 18:26 #30327 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
ok so you do have a phone. I was getting concerned there, for a bit... ..:dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jul 2020 19:30 - 25 Jul 2020 19:32 #30328 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I could easily live without it and it wouldn't be missed. :dry:

But I did say Morrowind, didn't I?

I continued North despite Banj being afeared of all things North and made my way to Khuul (after rescuing someone from some greedy Ashlanders in Ald Velothi. (didn't have to fight them. Just paid them off. Greedy Ashlanders, see?) Despite it being not far on the map it was a considerable walk due to the rocky landscape and the rather meandering path that also included some long bridges that didn't look too safe. :unsure:

But I finally arrived at Khuul and saw... a Silt Strider!
Could have fast traveled there. :eyeroll:

But if I hadn't walked then I wouldn't have saved that person in Ald Velothi. Yes, let's think positive. :)
I then caught the boat to Solstheim! :pirate:
Got killed there but I was just exploring after a save so it's all OK. :lol:
Attachments:

25 Jul 2020 19:47 #30329 by Charlotte
*just realised she lives north of the UK*
NOW I get why Banj's so afraid! :evil:

(though it doesn't explain why I shouldn't go north either... unless it's to avoid my mum...:hmm:)

25 Jul 2020 21:30 - 25 Jul 2020 21:31 #30331 by Valence
What's north of The North? :hmm:

I did an Elder Scrolls switcheroo and replayed the opening of Oblivion "properly" now that I'm happy with my mods. (And it was nice to see Patrick Stewart's fine voice coming out of a better looking face than the weird original Emperor.)
Still not sure about my character choice though. That first one when I was messing about was just a default female so I tried this time I went for a male Nord Knight. However the male walking animation is a little odd. He wiggles that bottom a little too much for my tastes. It's like he's on the catwalk modelling the new stylish armour. :lol:
Like a lot of these games, just before you get out of the sewers it gives you one last chance to change again (I usually save at that point anyway) so experimented a bit more and switched back to a female High Elf and immediately found myself over-encumbered! :ohmy:
It seems that male character has a better carry weight so I might switch back again just for that reason. :dry:

25 Jul 2020 22:26 #30334 by Charlotte
:dry: as usual*? I think I only found myself in the sewers when playing Witcher, and there's no character choice at all, there...

*freely adapted from "Like a lot of these games, just before you get out of the sewers it gives you one last chance to change again (I usually save at that point anyway)"

25 Jul 2020 23:56 - 26 Jul 2020 00:15 #30335 by Valence
Oh, I didn't necessarily mean "the sewers" in general, I was just talking about the specific point where some role-playing games (like Fallout, for instance) will give you a second chance at character creation after playing through the opening scenes. When a game does that it usually occurs when you leave a certain location to enter the larger world and in this case it was at the exit to the sewers. :)

26 Jul 2020 07:58 #30338 by Charlotte
oh I guess I took things too literally (don't I always :eyeroll:)
But still, I can't remember a single game I've played that has let me think twice about the character creation. I always just delete and start over if I'm unhappy. Some games, like Guild Wars, have make-over kits or similar that you can buy, though. Usually for real money :p

26 Jul 2020 22:52 #30345 by Valence
Hmm, that carry weight thing in Oblivion isn't a male/female issue, it's the different races that have different stats. :confident:
Ignoring that, I stole a horse and was shocked by the clunky controls. Keyboard for steering?! :blink:
It was like driving a tank! A bad tank too!

There must be some more mods to alter the controls. :)

27 Jul 2020 11:06 #30350 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

And after playing some No Man's Sky and hardly remembering how, I'm back to playing Banished. I looked at new mods for Subnautica and Subnautica Below Zero as well, but I still want to wait until Below Zero passes the current Early Access phase...

Have you played the No Man's Sky Desolation update or is that not out yet, it looked very Dead Spacey? It looks like Below Zero might take a while, I'd hoped it would be done by now :cry:

What's north of The North? :hmm:

The South, unless you believe the world is flat :paranoid:

27 Jul 2020 11:41 #30354 by Charlotte
It's on auto update so I have no idea if Desolation is available or not...

and suddenly it all makes sense. You don't go north, because that's where I am and I mustn't go north because that's take me south and you don''t want that either! :woohoo: I feel so clever for finally understanding!