April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

12 Feb 2024 19:56 #49160 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Why is Sandy such an idiot of a police officer?
First he nearly misses the arrival of a suspect because he's on the phone, then he follows in the dark with bright headlights when they are the only two cars on like the whole of Shetland, then when the other car turns a corner and kills the headlights he keeps following, seemingly without realising he's been made, and then it looks like the car he followed went straight into the sea, but instead of calling it in, he takes a nap at the wheel and waits for daylight, then he follows the footsteps away from the car tracks to a remote building, where he knows potentially dangerous people might be hiding out, and he walks straight up to it.

And yes, the episode ended with him being knocked unconscious. :facepalm:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Feb 2024 16:13 #49230 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Last night I watched the latest Mission Impossible thing and it was very inconsistent. At times it was serious and clever then it would quickly shift tone to become funny before turning into silliness and then trying to be serious once more. And seeing as it's only Part One it suffered from the increasingly familiar Half-A-Film Syndrome. :shrug:
Not the best one in the series. :stare:

23 Feb 2024 18:41 #49294 by Charlotte
I'm not sure what I think of the latest season of Shetland. Jimmy Perez (the lead detective or whatsit) has been replaced by an angry woman from the mainland - or rather, from Shetland who decided to leave and has now been forced back for work. The season seems more violent and I'm not sure but I think it focuses more on the people involved outside of the police and less on the police than before. Also, guy is driving down a very long winding road through nowhere and using a GPS... :dry: Why? There are no exits or crossroads.... Just this one long road....

26 Feb 2024 17:56 - 26 Feb 2024 18:29 #49327 by Charlotte
Next episode of Shetland isn't available until Saturday so I am watching the first episode of the second season of Belgravia and I couldn't recognise anyone, except for a surname... Had to google it, and it turns out this season takes place 30 years later. Maybe I shouldn't have skipped the intro - I figured it was just credits but maybe there was some sort of recap too? Anyway, not feeling particularly captivated. The main male lead, so far, seems kind of stiff and fake. (Though the girl he's just married claims it's because he's shy so maybe he is just a good actor... but I dunno... even when he's smiling it looks wrong.)

Edit: Eventually I gave up and read the wikipedia article on the first season... So... The guy I don't care for is the first born son of one of the couples in the first season (though his mum was having an affair so he's kind of illegitimate) and he has a younger brother who's shown up a couple of times. Given who the first guy's father was I guess he isn't supposed to be entirely agreeable. :dry: Or maybe we're supposed to pity him, for his "adopted" father being mean to him growing up. Guess it's too soon to tell. :shrug: 

01 Mar 2024 18:20 #49377 by Charlotte
Belgravia isn't something I want to OD on, so I am also trying to watch a detective series (short series I think?) called Ragdoll. But I have a bit of trouble following. Maybe I'm not focused enough, maybe I just don't get what they're saying... :shrug:

01 Mar 2024 18:34 #49378 by Valence
Well I've just finished the live action version of Avatar: The Last Airbender and it turned out to be another show that's not really aimed at me. :dry:
Although it was watchable it was a little childish at times and I really didn't care about any of the characters or their adventures. Also the special effects team didn't quite get the depth of field right on some of those backgrounds. :nope:

01 Mar 2024 18:45 #49379 by Charlotte
I saw the trailer the other day. Some of the creatures looked cool but the premise and the kid with an arrow on his head and all that just never appealed to me, even if I admit I don't know much about it all.

01 Mar 2024 18:48 #49380 by Valence
There's an animated version that's also on Netflix and lots of the Internet loves it and there was also a dreadful movie version too. I'm not sure I'm the target audience for any of the versions. :shrug:

I've just googled Ragdoll, cos I've never heard of it. :P
And it doesn't seem to be available on any of the things I have. You can enjoy it for me. :)

01 Mar 2024 18:52 #49381 by Charlotte
I'm not sure I can. It's one of those where the serial killer has a fixation on one of the cops and the cop knows something he's not telling his team, even though it really could help them solve the murders and identify the victims. In short, somewhat annoying.

02 Mar 2024 14:51 #49394 by Valence
I watched another Vienna Blood last night and I was initially enjoying it but towards the end they introduced some new characters that didn't seem to have anything to do with the story. I checked the little progress bar to see how long was left for them to explore this new twist and realised that I'd fallen asleep and was now over halfway through a different episode with a different story and different characters. :facepalm:

Much as I enjoy being asleep/unconscious/in a coma, it is slightly frustrating that I can't enjoy anything over an hour. :shrug:
And now I don't know where to restart the first episode from. :unsure: