May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

28 Jan 2024 18:30 - 28 Jan 2024 19:34 #48962 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I'm not sure what to think of Fool me Once... I'm about half-way through the second episode and I can't quite sympathise with the main character. Both her sister and her husband has been murdered, several months apart, and she's following leads, as they do on TV. But it feels like she SHOULD go to the Police with said leads. Like, she finds out a friend didn't tell the Police everything she knew so she yells at the friend for that and then runs along and rummages through her Brother in Law's house when he's not at home, finds a secret and follows it to wherever, without telling the Police anything herself. AND she parks where it says "No Parking". :stare: She seems kinda arrogant and "self-important".

Meanwhile, the Police (investigating detective) isn't any better. He's having blackouts which he keeps secret from almost everyone, including his fiancé and the rest of the Police. But while he doesn't know what causes the blackouts and so far has refused to see a doctor, he takes some sort of medicine after having them??? :shrug: Also, his blackouts are giving me deja vu for some reason. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen this series before. But I feel like I've seen a cop blacking out - perhaps even the same actor blacking out, before... :hmm:

Edit: I looked up the actor and while I have seen at least 4 movies with him, I don't think he fainted or blacked out in any of them. Must be reminding me of someone else :hmm: 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jan 2024 20:12 #48963 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Maybe you've seen it before 

28 Jan 2024 20:14 #48964 by Charlotte
No, it's brand new...

28 Jan 2024 20:22 #48965 by Banj
Maybe it's a remake of something 

28 Jan 2024 20:27 #48966 by Charlotte
It's based on a book I never heard of.
But I did google TV series where the police detective has black outs and up popped Marcella, which is a Netflix series I have watched. So maybe that explains the deja vu...

28 Jan 2024 21:22 - 28 Jan 2024 21:32 #48967 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Isn't that one of those Harlan Coben things? :hmm:
There was another one of his stories made that was on Netflix recently, I think it was called Safe. Or something like that.
But I don't know if it had any Blackout Policemen in it. :shrug:

EDIT: After a quick google it seems Netflix have a contract to turn fourteen of his stories into shows. :dry:
Maybe one of them will have a blackout in it.

29 Jan 2024 00:34 #48969 by Valence
...And now I've just pressed play to start watching Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts. Whatever the hell that is.
It's gonna be terrible, isn't it? :lol:

29 Jan 2024 05:52 #48971 by Charlotte
The name Harlan Coben sounds familiar, so yeah he's probably the author. (It does say at the beginning of each episode but I don't pay much attention and I think the theme music is a bit annoying too, so I try to skip the intro, most of the time).

Did the movie have lions transforming into cars? Horses transforming into mustangs? :hmm:

29 Jan 2024 12:11 #48972 by Banj
Youtube has foisted Youtube Premium on me after declining it 

29 Jan 2024 12:42 #48973 by Valence
I hope you're not paying for it. :dry:

And yes, I struggled to understand why there was an alien planet that had robots that had the form of various earth animals (gorillas, birds cheetahs etc.) who all had to escape from another robot and then ended up on earth with other robots.
If it was all explained it must have happened when I was asleep.