April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

21 Feb 2022 19:35 - 21 Feb 2022 19:37 #39662 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
After finishing up 'Babadook', I had to find something to put on whilst cooking. (Wife's been under the weather the past few days) So just threw on 'Jurassic Park', since the pups weren't too keen on waiting for me to find something so they can get their meal. ... Cooked through the entire first movie, and just tossed on the second, since I'm doing some cleanup on the computer now, after doing my taxes last night and still having some paperwork around.

Figured I might just let it play out now, since I have some other stuff I want to do today? At least for now...

Question, do any of you ever go back and clear out some of the older 'saved' files on your artwork? Meaning, some of the images I did over the years, I've saved multiple stop points, but I also know this takes us room that isn't really needed. (Note: I do have a back-up of these too) So I'm thinking of just keeping the last PS file on a pic, as well as the finished PNG. But will still keep all with the full backup on one of my 2T external drives.

Not that I need to at the moment, since I have a 500GB SSD, and only using 3/4 of that. Plus a 2TB attached. I didn't want to get to the point where it might. (I also keep a 2TB attached to the TV, which has a ton of Movies, Music and Artwork on there. Just thought it's been a while to maybe clear it up some.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Feb 2022 19:49 #39663 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

Question, do any of you ever go back and clear out some of the older 'saved' files on your artwork?

Not so far.

21 Feb 2022 20:08 #39665 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park

Not that I need to at the moment, since I have a 500GB SSD, and only using 3/4 of that. Plus a 2TB attached. 

*drools*

And to answer your question, I never (hardly ever) save more than a few WIP files (which are jpgs anyhow), so no, I don't usually clean up. I do sometimes reorganise. And occasionally I do throw away unfinished things that I decide I will never want to get back to. But nope. And I don't usually save backup versions either, which I should, I know. :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

21 Feb 2022 20:21 #39668 by Digital Dave
Yeah, it was mostly older ones I did that had the most saves, as I got into the habit of saving the progress quite often after some mishaps. Sometimes ended up going in another direction altogether, and wanting to keep the earlier versions in case I went back to it. But I do have some where I only save a couple/few throughout. ... I just know the ones where I have way too many, are using up space for no real reason at all now TBH. Plus, I doubt I will ever go back to any, but never say never. I have looked at a couple and thought, 'I should revisit this one and do it up better, especially since some I was very new to Digital Painting' - Just haven't done it yet. ... Thanks.

21 Feb 2022 22:06 #39677 by Digital Dave
Well, that took a bit longer than I had expected. But after removing the extra saves for each pic, and just keeping the final or latest data, it actually cleared up over 52+GB of data on the iMacs SSD hard-drive. (And that was just my Art Folder alone!) Again, I still have it all saved in full on my external, but at least it's not sitting there using up needless space in two places. ... I plan to go through some other stuff on there as well, since I do tend to keep lots of things for a bit to make sure they're not needed. At least for some time.

22 Feb 2022 08:18 #39680 by Charlotte
:blink:

22 Feb 2022 19:02 #39694 by Digital Dave
Well, ended up staying busy most of last night, so after the Jurassic Park trilogy, threw on 'Player One', and then followed that with 'Free Guy' just keeping with the video theme feel...

23 Feb 2022 14:17 #39706 by Digital Dave
Tossed on 'The Haunting of Hill House' series yesterday, and finished it up watching it this morning. Wasn't bad overall, and was pretty good as far as a Ghost flicks go. ... Afterwards I remembered I was in the third season of 'Black Mirror' when the Olympics started, so back on those now.

25 Feb 2022 09:47 #39741 by Charlotte
As you may be aware I have been watching some Montalbano lately. Not sure if anyone else here ever did? It's kind of silly, like an Italian Midsomer Murders, but I like it and I like seeing Italy and hearing Italian :)

Anyway, I noticed on Netflix that there's apparently a "Young Montalbano" series as well. What is it with all this "young this" and "young twat"? I'm looking forward to when they do an "Old Montalbano". Or even better "Old Vera". She turns into a Miss Marple style hobby sleuth that drives the local police crazy when she refuses to stop bossing them around. Calling everyone pet, in that way she does :D

Anyway, I also saw some comment somewhere about how Montalbano fans are upset about him never marrying Lydia. I'm more upset that he never left her. She's such an annoying person, always arguing and pouting and being angry and whenever Salvo tries to explain why things went south she goes "Oh so it's MY fault is it?" :eyeroll:

25 Feb 2022 11:05 #39744 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

She turns into a Miss Marple

Old Miss Marple. A series in which the corpse of Miss Marple has been exhumed by her psychologically disturbed nephew who talks to her while trying to solve crimes that he actually committed.  Finally a Miss Marple series I would watch.