April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

25 Feb 2022 14:26 #39747 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
:woohoo:
You should sell that idea for a high price :D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Feb 2022 14:47 #39749 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Finished up watching the 5 seasons of 'Black Mirror' yesterday, and it wasn't bad. Overall pretty good. There were some in there that I really enjoyed, and only a few I wanted to fast-forward through. Though I didn't, I was just tempted to do so.

I had forgot there was one show I wanted to check out, and just remembered it yesterday. So I started watching 'His Dark Materials' on HBO. - Only on the 4th episode presently, but it seems like something I will enjoy. ... But it's also somewhat... familiar, like I may have caught an episode or two before? Or it's just deja vu, which sometimes happens when it's similar to something else I've watched.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

25 Feb 2022 14:51 #39750 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Maybe you saw the film adaptation of The Golden Compass with Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman.

25 Feb 2022 15:55 #39757 by Digital Dave
Yes Sir, I believe you may indeed be correct. ... Kept seeing too many things that were familiar. I may have also watched a couple episodes when it first came out back in 2019 on HBO. It's been bugging me throughout, but looking up 'The Golden Compass', I believe I have indeed watched that film.

Are the two meant to work together in some way, or completely different but about the same story?

25 Feb 2022 15:59 #39758 by Digital Dave
The 'Armored' Bear is the main thing that stood out, but there's been more that's familiar too. (maybe similarities) But I generally remember series I've watched quite well, so do believe it was the movie I recall so far.

25 Feb 2022 16:24 #39760 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

Are the two meant to work together in some way, or completely different but about the same story?

I think they are entirely separate adaptations of the same series of books.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Digital Dave

26 Feb 2022 15:58 #39774 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
After a few bland episodes Foundation picked up again last night even though I fully expected that plot twist and was waiting patiently for it to happen. :dry:
Let's see where it goes now. :aha:

26 Feb 2022 19:46 #39784 by Digital Dave
Well, finished up the first two seasons of 'His Dark Materials' late last night, (or morning) and found it quite enjoyable. So looking forward to the last season. ... Not sure what I might delve into next? I have plenty book-marked, but seem to always find some new stuff to add, and end up watching those over the older ones still waiting.

Plus, I see Netflix is upping their prices... once again. I know they keep to making these little bumps here and there, in hopes folks will stay without huge hikes, but I've also read/heard a lot of other folks saying 'screw it' and dropping their subscriptions with them for this. So not sure just yet where I might stand, on any/all of them? 

Presently I have;
Sling TV -  Son pays for this one
Netflix - Me
HBOMax - Son pays for this one
Disney+ - Me
Peacock - Me (Mostly for my Soccer, but some movies)
Amazon Prime - Son has this too, but I hardly ever partake. I personally don't think it's worth it, and have been telling him I would drop it, if it were me.

27 Feb 2022 00:57 - 27 Feb 2022 00:58 #39788 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I have no idea how they're gonna do the final season. There's some weird creatures in that. :dry:

I don't mind Amazon Prime (when it's free, obviously :P) During those 30 day trials I can always find something to watch.

Meanwhile on a different service/channel, Monster Hunter is now being watched. :aha:
It started in a very silly fashion with the most unconvincing group of "soldiers" I've ever seen. But some big monsters have just arrived so I'd better start paying attention now.
Apparently things are gonna get "kinetic"... Whatever that means. :dunno:

27 Feb 2022 05:15 #39789 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Kinetic = lots of running, mostly... :confident:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.