March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

The Trailer Park

27 Feb 2022 12:27 - 27 Feb 2022 12:28 #39792 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
:aha:

Or perhaps it meant... fall asleep and miss the ending, rewind, then fall asleep and miss the ending, rewind, and then fall asleep and miss the ending for a third time!
I rewound one more time and will try again from that point later tonight while I'm still awake. :dry:

It wasn't that good anyway, it's a while since I've seen a film with so little story. It was like watching someone else play a video game through three boss battles while skipping all the cut scenes.
And they weren't quite good enough to finish it. :lol:
Maybe they'll "Git Gud" next time. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Feb 2022 12:33 #39793 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
With you, every film is groundhog day...

(:shakefist at Google for asking "Did you mean groundhog day?" when I searched for groundhog day to make sure I got the name of the film right... I've checked several times and the spelling is identical. What the tiny heck, Google?)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

27 Feb 2022 12:55 #39794 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Although I do know what the film is about I've never actually seen Groundhog Day. :confident:

27 Feb 2022 13:24 #39795 by Charlotte
Me neither. :dumb:

27 Feb 2022 15:36 #39796 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
It's not a bad movie I guess, especially the first time you see it. (And for an older movie) - But it's been done so many times now, the idea gets old. But we look back on movies now from back in the day, with a different view that is do with what we see nowadays. The better stuff we see these days, makes some of those oldies outdated or too simplified, since we tend to compare to the new technology used today.

The thing about Amazon Prime, is that it's something like $140.00 a year, or $15 a month. (About) And my son got it free for 6 months some years ago, and just never dropped it. (Like some folks end up doing) ... But not only can they not give you the expedited shipping you're supposed to get with Prime, they also set up a lot of their movies to where you will still have to purchase/rent some. Especially in a series of movies, etc. You might get 3 out of 5 in a set of films with Prime, and they know some will purchase the right to see the others, if you want to see them all. I just see it as another way to dig into your pockets. - If you have their "Prime" service, all the movies they offer should be free for viewing. And you see this more, when the set of movies is popular, etc. (Amazon just reminds me of some others, like Microsoft. Always digging in folks pockets because they just can't get enough)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

28 Feb 2022 13:51 #39807 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I should probably ban anyone that hasn't seen Groundhog Day, and then keep banning them over and over again until they watch it.

West World season 3 completed. There was me thinking it was all over... and then it wasn't and there's a forth series on it's way 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Digital Dave

28 Feb 2022 14:23 #39814 by Charlotte
1) Go ahead. And then sit here all alone with the two chattiest members gone :P

2) You do know it's not actually about groundhogs, right? So it's got nothing to do with cute little rodents...

28 Feb 2022 14:32 #39817 by Banj
There is a Groundhog in Groundhog Day 

28 Feb 2022 14:35 #39818 by Charlotte
In the film or the title of the film? :paranoid:

Meanwhile in the current Montalbano movie Livia has a new actress, but is still Livia. She got herself a dog and comes visiting with the dog on a leash in one hand and a pet carrier in the other. The pet carrier is WAY TOO SMALL for that poor dog! Why did they even include it in the scene? It's not like she actually travelled to the set on that bus, and couldn't get rid of it en route once she realised it was useless. :stare:

28 Feb 2022 14:52 #39819 by Banj

In the film or the title of the film? :paranoid:

Attachments: