April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

17 Nov 2021 15:13 - 17 Nov 2021 15:14 #37937 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I think all the seasons are a little inconsistent in the way that they fade slightly from the initial promise of intrigue but I've still enjoyed watching them despite their flaws and I liked the introduction of Booker too. But pulling it so close to the start is just shoddy. I've even read magazine articles this week promoting its arrival on Netflix this Friday.
And I guess this means we won't be getting Strange New Worlds either. :eyeroll:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Nov 2021 16:05 #37938 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I don't really understand how one service/distributor/whatevertheyare can believe they own the rights to something up until a week before release and then suddenly and unexpectedly "lose them" to someone else. Makes it sound like they lost them in a game of poker. :shakefist:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

17 Nov 2021 17:37 #37943 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
If you want to watch them you'll have to boldly go where noone has gone to watch anything before.

17 Nov 2021 17:45 #37946 by Valence
:pirate:

17 Nov 2021 23:57 #37957 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Some episodes ago, Deanna was aging unnaturally fast. Once the reson was dealt with she immediately returned to her normal self. Her hair had turned grey but apparently did not need to grow back, it just magically darkened again.

This episode she had her face surgically altered and her hair cut. Dr Crusher fixed her face back to normal - and apparently surgically reattached her curly locks, too... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

18 Nov 2021 01:15 #37958 by Valence
And Picard is still bald. :dry:
The Laws of Future Hair are confusing.

18 Nov 2021 12:30 #37962 by Banj
Unlike Star Wars, which had clearly defined hair rules. At least it did until Disney put a load of people in charge of it that completely failed to understand hair in any way whatsoever.

18 Nov 2021 14:51 #37966 by Valence

18 Nov 2021 15:22 #37967 by Banj
"A dark lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the force to influence the midichlorians to create a wash and blow dry, and by a short back and sides in under 10 minutes... It's ironic, he could masterfully cut and style the hair of others, but was bald as a coot himself."

21 Nov 2021 15:36 #38015 by Valence
Yesterday I watched The Last Vermeer, a movie about that famous forger chap, and it wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped. By focusing so much on the investigating character it seemed to drain all the drama and tension from the story. I wonder if the book does it any differently. :hmm: