April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

30 Apr 2021 14:10 #34644 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
:blink:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Apr 2021 14:39 #34645 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Thanks, Banj. I'll be checking that one out too. ... But it does seem to be a trend here lately of either some sort of Hybrids, or viruses. And this one even mentions both! :lol: But I'll watch just about anything with any weird types of creatures in it.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

01 May 2021 20:18 - 01 May 2021 20:23 #34665 by Charlotte
Tried to watch the Grimsby Brothers today. That was not my kind of humour... It's why I ended up watching a show about Nessie (see Totally Random thread).

Also this guy (I think?) did some Shadow & Bone fan art - I really like their style. Not sure you guys can see it unless you have an Instagram account of your own, but anyhow:
instagram.com/apolar.arch
(Actually I think...Valence? mentioned his Harry Potter illustrations previously which is how I started following him. If not Val or anyone on here, maybe it was Bored Panda? But I think it was here.... around the same time as the Russian LOTR? Maybe. I don't trust my head... :dry:)

EDIT: what? I can't just link by posting the url? :cry:
(altered the url to hopefully not show a big useless white broken image thing)
(...or not)
Edit fiftyeleven: at least now the url can be copied, should anyone be interested...

01 May 2021 20:56 #34667 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Yes, that was me (was in the Totally Random thread) and Instagram is just demanding I sign up again. It seems to do that all the time now no matter what the page/link/profile is. :eyeroll:

But this may be the Artstation page for those pics?

01 May 2021 21:07 #34668 by Charlotte
Yes! :woohoo: Much better link!

01 May 2021 23:48 - 01 May 2021 23:49 #34669 by Valence
I am now watching The Blair Witch Project which was on telly last night. I think I've only seen it once so it still feels like an almost new movie that I can't recite from memory. :P

01 May 2021 23:55 #34670 by Charlotte
I only watched it once and that was enough. It was way more hyped when it came out, than it actually deserved.

02 May 2021 19:09 #34673 by Valence
After having that memory refreshed I think I have seen it before more than once. Still an interesting watch even if it does lose most of its impact without the initial hype and personally I do think those kind of "scares" are a lot more effective than normal Hollywood horror movies which always feel a bit silly to me. :dry:

And speaking of hype, it's the Line Of Duty finale on TV tonight. :stare:

03 May 2021 12:46 #34676 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
I think the big thing about 'The Blair Witch Project' is how it was created on a practically zero $ budget (Or very little) and made just by a few folks as an independent film. They never realized just how crazy folks were going to hype over it. I think mainly because it was a different style (at that time) and people didn't know if it was real or not when first released? ... And of course, this has also sparked others to put out Movies with the same manner/feel to them. - Think I read somewhere that it made something like $250 to $300 Million?

For me, I didn't get that much further in GoT. (Considering it was the weekend and I took off a couple hours early Friday to get started) I'm just at S-4 E-4. ... I put some very long hours in Friday evening, and all day and night Saturday, working till well past Midnight each. But then Sunday, spent most of the day working outside in the yard. Cutting grass, trimming trees, Gardening, etc. But it was a nice break, getting away from all the damn dust with the drywall sanding. I hate sanding it and can't wait to be finished with it all. - I hand sand mostly to try to keep things from getting too out of control, but I did pull out the palm sander later Saturday night and pretty much made a freakin' huge mess. Got a lot sanded real quick, but the entire basement was a train-wreck when I stopped. - Took me a while, just to vent it out with some fans to clear the air for breathing. But I will probably also be cleaning up drywall dust for the next foreseeable future...

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

03 May 2021 13:30 #34679 by Charlotte
Speaking of people thinking it's real, I ended up in front of a program about Bigfoot yesterday (or the day before). Must have been in the same series as the Nessie program. First thing I heard them say when I switched to that channel "As I think most people know, Sasquatch are nocturnal." :dry: