April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

12 Dec 2020 12:43 #32628 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Last night I watched Doctor Sleep.
Considering the title of the movie along with my late night movie watching skills feel free to come up with your own punchline to that joke. :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Dec 2020 13:01 #32630 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
:dry:

I lay awake last night (for a bit) after realising one more illogical thing about the trial against Barry for the murder of DeVoe. I was already annoyed that nobody mentioned whether the guy's wheelchair was at Barry's apartment (I'm guessing a clever guy like DeVoe wouldn't have forgotten, but I didn't see it anywhere), that the gift of two knives they had gotten was from someone unknown and that one knife was missing when they got the gift, that Barry went home at that time in response to their burglar alarm going off (should be possible to check, right?) and nobody mentioning that the guy now smooching DeVoe's wife had called Harry moments before the cops arrived. Nobody mentioned how the cops knew to go there (but I am assuming the "worried" wife called them, even if it seems odd that the whole force including the police chief went to check if someone was merely worried). But most of all and what kept me awake- nobody autopsied the corpse to find that the skull cap could be removed and the brain had been equipped with weird glowing blue thingies for hooking it up to a villain's thinking cap (and possibly to determine that the body didn't even die from a knife in the heart). And this was when Barry had "the best lawyer in town". Poor town. If I didn't know better I'd think the script writers wanted Barry to go to jail... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

12 Dec 2020 19:07 #32633 by Valence
Logic and the Flash have never gone together. :nope:

12 Dec 2020 19:45 #32635 by Charlotte
:ohmy: But everything else makes such sense!? :dumb:

12 Dec 2020 22:58 - 12 Dec 2020 23:38 #32638 by Valence
Almost time for another sleepy movie. :zzz:

At the moment I can't decide between Ad Astra or the newest Terminator thing that Banj probably hates.
Hot Chocolate will help me choose. :)

Edit: Ad Astra. Brad Pitt is ready to go. :stare:

13 Dec 2020 15:20 #32640 by Valence
I really enjoyed Ad Astra last night.. The constant voiceover was a little unnecessary and there were some questionable physics at times but it ended up being one of the better films I've watched in recent times.

14 Dec 2020 13:12 #32647 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

the newest Terminator thing that Banj probably hates.

I haven't even seen it yet. I a sure I will probably dislike it a lot as I know pretty much everything that happens in it.

Yesterday I watched the Black and White version of Parasite, and 1917, and I liked both mostly. I think the "single shot" gimmick in 1917 is actually detrimental to the film and introduces a number of distractions and unintentionally comical moments which other films that have used the same gimmick didn't suffer from. And Parasite was very good, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the ending.

14 Dec 2020 14:50 - 14 Dec 2020 14:51 #32653 by Valence

I think the "single shot" gimmick in 1917 is actually detrimental to the film...

I also felt the same about Dunkirk and the awkward, unnecessary time gimmick.
Just tell the damn story!

14 Dec 2020 15:20 #32656 by Charlotte
:dumb:

14 Dec 2020 15:23 #32657 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
I thought Dunkirk was very well done :shakefist: