April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

23 Nov 2020 15:09 - 23 Nov 2020 15:10 #32393 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park

...instead of the traditional pass something in front of the camera...

There are quite a few of those too. :)
As well as the good old "go into a completely dark room and wait for eyes to adjust".
But the CGI ones are absolutely seamless and I couldn't spot those even when I'd already seen the VFX breakdowns.
It's a really good film though and well worth a watch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Nov 2020 15:48 #32398 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
A friend watched a movie the other night where the review said "1" was generous, unless you watched it as a comedy (everything was so bad it was almost funny) when it might be a 5. She didn't like it much - she said the review was more entertaining. Alien siege or something like that.

Just saying... in case it's something any of you ever considered watching... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

23 Nov 2020 16:06 #32399 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
If it's the 2018 film of that name then it's produced by The Asylum. That says everything I need to know.

23 Nov 2020 16:34 #32401 by Charlotte
It sounds like it explains a lot, and the name sounds familiar too (not just from Arkham) but I'm not really familiar with them...

24 Nov 2020 17:37 #32418 by Charlotte
Getting close to the end of season 1 of the Flash, and I'm using the Swedish subtitles for once. Which is kinda dorky annoying since they keep translating speedster with things like "speed maniac". Not quite how I think the team around Barry and himself would refer to him... :dry:

There are also quite a few jokes I either failed to notice or completely forgot, like when Mark Hamill's Trickster says, "I am your father".... someone says regarding a bunch of info that it might as well be "Dothraki" to them.... and uhm... apparently I already forgot the rest - again... But it's amusing. Oh and I realised that this Barry Allen's father (the actor) played Barry Allen in an older version of the Flash. Didn't actually know that before.

24 Nov 2020 18:02 #32419 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
The only Flash episodes I've seen are the Arrow crossovers.

24 Nov 2020 18:20 #32420 by Charlotte
I'd like to say the only Arrow episodes I've seen are the Flash crossovers, but... I have seen a few of the actual Arrow series too... :dry:

24 Nov 2020 21:09 #32421 by Valence
I've seen loads of episodes of both despite not really liking either of them. :dry:

Arrow was kind of entertaining at the start but then Felicity joined the team and immediately stopped being the only interesting character, Diggle continued to say "Copy that" every few minutes, then John Barrowman tried to be a bad guy and then Vinnie Jones turned up and started quoting Shakespeare. :blink:
Yet I kept on watching. :dunno:

24 Nov 2020 21:26 #32422 by Charlotte
I like Felicity. But I didn't watch much of the Arrow so.... I dunno how interesting she is or isn't in that show. Don't remember seeing (hearing?) any Shakespeare quotes either.

24 Nov 2020 22:31 #32423 by Valence
Shakespeare quotes are fine... but not coming from Vinnie Jones! :lol:

At the start Felicity was the "normal" character that you could relate to and I liked the way she openly acknowledged the ridiculousness of every silly thing that happened. But then when she became part of every silly thing that happened it all became rather irrelevant.