April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

24 Dec 2020 23:24 #32853 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I've heard of that but haven't seen it yet. Mads is also always worth watching whatever he's in, he has a great screen presence.

Despite the efforts of obvious product placement I resisted the urge to drink a can of Coke while contemplating the geometry of Will Smith's face. :lol:
The "effect" did get better as the film went on until it all fell apart in the final scene in daylight. I just had to laugh at it then. :)

Gonna watch Joker now before bed and hopefully before sleep too. :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Dec 2020 15:56 #32854 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Found a new (?) series on Netflix, called Bridgerton - it's one of those 19th century costume thingies where all the girls need to get married, the mothers are embarrassingly keen to find them husbands and the men are either arrogant or idiots. Perfect for the holidays! :D (So far I only really like the poor fat girl.)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

25 Dec 2020 17:35 #32855 by Valence
I've sort-of heard of that but I still haven't touched Netflix for a while thanks to my other binges. Haven't even watched any of the new Star Trek: Discovery episodes either. :dry:

Joker didn't quite live up to all the hype. Most of the time it was reasonably good in a sparse, character study kind of way but the climax felt rather shallow and indulgent to me. Probably didn't help that I was watching it so soon after Mr Robot as that show seems to do the critique of capitalist inequality and mental illness in a way that's much more meaningful and imaginative.
But the movie was worth watching anyway. :shrug:

25 Dec 2020 22:54 - 26 Dec 2020 01:52 #32859 by Valence
...and my pre-sleep Christmas movie is going to be...

Alita: Battle Angel. :stare:
Bring on that big-eyed CGI. :)

Edit: And I was sufficiently entertained by all that CGI. :aha:

26 Dec 2020 04:12 #32861 by Charlotte
So, no pre-sleep sleep?

26 Dec 2020 12:28 #32864 by Valence
Nope, not at all. :ohmy:

Even more surprising as it was Christmas Day too. Usually I have several sleeps throughout that day but I stayed perfectly awake this time. :)

28 Dec 2020 09:59 #32876 by Charlotte
I just watched Assassin's Creed (the movie). It might have been the frequent cat-based interruptions but it didn't make much sense. One of those movies where I felt like I was waiting for it to start until there's like 25 minutes left. The finale is extremely brief and 15 of those 25 minutes turned out to be the credits...

Looked pretty good, though. Perhaps some things would have made more sense if I had played the game (more than that once) but I kind of doubt it.

28 Dec 2020 12:41 #32877 by Valence
It's certainly not a bad film but it is very forgettable. I've seen it three times and can still barely remember a single scene. :blink:

Last night I put on that rubbish Total Recall remake and slept through nearly all of it. :dumb:

28 Dec 2020 23:47 #32899 by Charlotte
I'm getting quite tired of these crossover episodes... :stare:
The entire season so far has been all "oooooh Flash's gonna die in the crisis but lets just argue about it and not actually try to figure out what the heck's going on" and then when they finally reach the Crisis with a capital C.... it's crossover and the two first episodes are on shows I can't watch.

I was annoyed already that this Crisis was related to "the Monitor" which was part of the previous crossover that I couldn't really see, so I never got a good idea of who this character is... And now it's time for him again and.... another crossover....

I'm also not fond of the "suit from the future" that Flash has been wearing since last season. :dry:

29 Dec 2020 00:09 #32903 by Valence
You have now reached the point where I gave up on these shows. I can no longer offer any spoilery knowledge. :)

Meanwhile I have just clicked play for the movie The Goldfinch.