April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

23 Dec 2020 14:48 - 23 Dec 2020 14:49 #32827 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Can't believe they've cancelled Neverending Story on TV so that they can show a Coronavirus News update. :shakefist:
Then again, I suppose that's a neverending story too. :eyeroll:

*watches Harry Potter instead*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Dec 2020 14:52 #32828 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I plugged my TV in yesterday! :woohoo: After 8 months here! And the wireless wifi wasn't wireless at all when it comes to the TV so now I have cables running everywhere and the router in a really stupid place... :dry: Also I have no idea what's on these days and I'm not entirely certain which channels I've got... :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

24 Dec 2020 00:33 #32830 by Valence
What were you watching before today? :blink:

Tonight I finished Mr Robot. :cheer:
I was a bit worried by the previous couple of episodes and feared it was gonna go to a weird silly-sci-fi place but the finale pulled it all back and delivered a great ending.

Feel a bit sad that it's over now. Good shows always leave you with a sense of emptiness when they're gone.
Warning: Spoiler!

24 Dec 2020 07:36 #32832 by Charlotte
I was watching Netflix on my laptop ;)

and never really cared for Mr Robot, it always made me feel too... uneasy/queasy something...

24 Dec 2020 12:46 #32835 by Valence

it always made me feel too... uneasy/queasy something..

That's one of the things I love about it. It's because of the way they compose and frame the shots. There's just too much negative space and all the people are placed too close to the edge of the screen. It cleverly makes you feel the anxiety and alienation of the character without having to be told about it.

24 Dec 2020 13:10 #32837 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Overall I liked it, but I'm not sure I was happy with the direction the final season took.

24 Dec 2020 18:49 #32843 by Charlotte
Well I felt it and didn't like feeling that way :dry:

24 Dec 2020 19:51 #32845 by Valence
I think every season had a point where I didn't like where it was going (the second one was the weakest with the prison bit) but each time it pulled me back in with its twisty things.

Anyway with that done I think I'll try and get through a few films over the next few days before returning to some TV-Show-Bingeing later. :)

24 Dec 2020 22:08 #32850 by Valence
Gemini Man. :stare:

If there's one thing "better" than one Will Smith then surely it is two Will Smiths, especially if one has a weird CGI face. :blink:

Well, at least it doesn't have Clive Owen doing "an accent".
Oh, wait- :S

24 Dec 2020 22:44 #32852 by Charlotte
While at dad's earlier, his friend (ex) Suz who was also there, suggested we'd watch a Danish movie with (Swedish actress) Alicia Vikander. Suz commented that her Danish was excellent (the pronunciation; there were no pastries in sight). She then proceeded to quote some stuff in French. And she speaks English... (and Swedish). She seems to have an ear for languages. Or at least that's how it seems to me.

The movie was "A Royal Affair" with Mads Mikkelsen. It seemed good but I didn't pay too much attention and didn't stay until it was finished. (It was on HBO which apparently my dad has access to and has had access to all this time.... :dry:)