April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Suggestions for Monthly Challenge Brief

14 Mar 2015 11:17 #9572 by kazky
Oh there are so many things in there to paint Charlotte, great idea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Mar 2015 12:22 - 14 Mar 2015 12:23 #9574 by Domtopia
I agree. I am not so inspired by the Nimoy tribute, I will be honest, but I think the Pratchett theme sounds great!!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

14 Mar 2015 17:35 - 14 Mar 2015 17:36 #9584 by microscopi
I think we should all participate in a monthly challenge of self portraits. I think i've heard somewhere it's a really great excercise for any artist, plus it would make a great avatar, and it would match faces to names! :woohoo:

14 Mar 2015 18:42 #9588 by Domtopia
We did one not long ago. I would be game for another!!

14 Mar 2015 20:38 #9591 by CherryGraphics
Another tribute? Discworld? Ehm ...What? ^^ the only book I know by Terry Pratchett is Good Omens with Neil Gaiman but it's the only book by Gaiman I didn't read at the moment. I read a few words about discworld on wikipedia but this is all I know about it. :/

I would appreciate the idea of a self portrait challenge. :) I thought about a thread to introduce ourselves with photo and a few words because we're almost the same people taking part in a challenge and I really would like to know everyone better and have a face for every name :) so yeah - I really would like this idea micro!

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

14 Mar 2015 20:57 - 14 Mar 2015 21:00 #9594 by Linasue
micro thats a fantastic idea. :) :) :) I would like to participate in this challenge too. ;)

15 Mar 2015 07:40 #9598 by Charlotte
:woohoo: Discworld self-portraits! :silly:

or not...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

15 Mar 2015 13:03 #9601 by Domtopia
AWESOME!!!!
Inspired idea!!!!

16 Mar 2015 07:27 #9612 by CherryGraphics
If I get it right, discworld is home to a variety of mythical creatures, witches, wizards, orcs, trolls, fairies, ... and a discworld-inspired selfportrait would be just me as a mythical creature. right? :D

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

16 Mar 2015 13:07 #9614 by Charlotte
You never really know what you get with discworld. Apart from dragons, witches and DEATH (and his side kick rat-death, although I think that's not his name) there are also all kinds of other people. Like Rincewind the somewhat less than successful wizard, a librarian turned into an orangutan, Captain Sam Vimes of the city watch and so on. His characters tend to take clichés and out-cliché them so to speak :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.