April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Suggestions for Monthly Challenge Brief

16 Mar 2015 13:49 #9615 by kazky
I had the Discworld game, it was brilliant, some great characters in there, I just can't remember any!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Mar 2015 14:01 - 16 Mar 2015 14:03 #9617 by microscopi
Sounds like an awesome idea, Discworld self portraits, I didn't know disc world at all but it sounds more awesome now,
I think creative self portraits count for more :woohoo:

19 Mar 2015 12:25 #9683 by Domtopia

I had the Discworld game, it was brilliant, some great characters in there, I just can't remember any!

Ditto! Still, I would happily do research to find out!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

04 Jun 2015 16:14 #11006 by Mercurycat
Title: Cleric of the Moon God Lûne.
Brief: Character portrait or scene containing a devotee of Lûne. Draw the cleric in his/her identifying robes/vestments/armour/tattoos and include somewhere on his/her person the holy symbol/sigil/representation of Lûne. Lûne is a male or female aspect God of one or more moons.

11 Aug 2015 17:24 #12016 by Robin
Title: Old Man Rogers
Brief: Captain America as an old man still fighting the good fight in post-apocalyptic America.

Title: Bloody Sundae
Brief: Vampire in a 50's era malt shop

Title: Aquatic Equanaut
Brief: Use your best judgment.

01 Dec 2015 14:19 #12905 by Atto
Well I guess no ones used this thread for a while but as (at time of writing) Banj hasn't posted a new monthly for December I thought I'd pop in a suggestion.
I noticed on Facebook the other day a post about the immigration of refugees to Europe and specifically Germany. It was along the lines of:
"20,000 refugees per day are currently attempting to enter western Europe" and someone had posted a response - "If only we had some seasonal tale about a mass of people moving between countries and their plight to find somewhere to stay"
It got me thinking.
I'm loving partaking in these challenges right now but the thought of a Christmas challenge depicting another fat guy in a red suit has me breaking out in cold sweats.
So how about:
The Messiah (or The Second Coming) Part 1
Political and religious beliefs aside I think it may raise some very interesting and thought provoking ideas.
I say part 1 because we could always tie it in with a second challenge to cover the Easter period.
So how about it?
Did we learn anything from his first visit? Would we treat him in the same way again? What type of family would he be born into and where in the world would he grow up? In fact what year would he be born in? Is the image about the second coming on earth? or is it about the birth of a messiah on another world or reality?

Just a thought.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

30 Dec 2015 01:27 #13096 by Atto

Atto - it would be nice to have something else but we're not quite sure what yet. What's Battle Royal? *can't remember anything called that from IFX*

As I said in another thread I'm not sure I have the title correct but I remember a challenge in the IFX forums where people created a team of 'players' who battled it out in a 'Blood Bowl' type competition (though I believe the actual ball was discarded very quickly in favour of all out carnage).

I think it ran along the lines of:

1) Create a team of between 3 and 5 heroes
2) A Mod pairs off the teams to do battle
3) Contestants depict the battle between the two 'teams'
4) Votes decide the winner (survivors)
5) A Mod pairs off the surviving teams to meet in the next round
6) Repeat until only one team remains.

The real issues with the idea is that
A) It involves a copious amount of violence that I realize some people might not be interested in (though My Little Pony defeating a team of blood crazed zombies through the power of 'love' may prove to be a very interesting challenge).
and
B) We currently don't have an absolute mass of active forumites.

Still, thought I'd throw it out there.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

12 May 2016 09:46 #13754 by Banj
The site is fast approaching it's second anniversary (yes, really, 2 years whodathunk?), if you have any ideas theme-wise on something special to do for July's challenge please post them thar thoughts here...

02 Jun 2016 20:50 #13841 by em...
I'm going to resurrect a suggestion from the IFX forum, which seems somewhat apt given the recent developments in the Captain America comic

Star Spangled B*stard
America's superheroic symbol of square jawed justice turns bad.

23 Jun 2016 13:20 - 23 Jun 2016 13:35 #13929 by hansnomad
CG Art Nexus Anniversary Issue: Imagine that CG Art Nexus was a magazine. Now imagine that you were assigned to create and execute the cover concept for the anniversary issue. If we had a real magazine template that we could use as part of the prompt to simulate the design concepts that have to be considered for cover work--even better. I may have an old template from a cover contest from several years ago that we could use--just have to change the title and references to the publication.

Anachronistic Discovery: Someone finds an object that is clearly not of their own time. Example: A primitive human unearths a sword, etc.

I Human: Show an evolved human. The evolution could be cybernetic or due to some environmental factor/adaptation/infection (or a combination).

Unmasked: A character with a secret revealing him/herself (or being forcibly revealed). Example: The unmasking in the Phantom of the Opera.

The Keeper of the Woods: A guardian figure of the forest. This one could go either way--a genuine protector/human or being, or a self appointed psycho (human or being) who thinks he/she is a protector. Or maybe a little of both.