April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

16 Jan 2017 16:50 #15124 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
Hudson Hawking - Bruce Willis narrates a heart warming documentary following Stephen Hawking's attempt to swim the Hudson river solo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Feb 2017 16:35 #15262 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
Journal entry # 113

Yesterday I needed to make my way to the nearest big town. Almost as soon as I started out I came across a hoard of them. I tried to steer clear but they followed me across the street. For a long time I heard heard the shuffling of their feet and their creepy chattering behind me. Luckily something distracted them at the library and I could slow down and catch my breath. Soon I came upon a second group, milling about aimlessly at the edge of the small square (which for some strange reason is named "big square"). This group left me alone and I managed to get all the way to a shopping center at the outskirts of town without further incident. From here, I needed to get to the hospital a couple of kilometers away. Again I managed without incident though it took me longer than expected. Once I reached the hospital however, my luck ran out. Here a small group was roaming back and forth in front of the hospital entrance. None of them seemed to be inside though, and the hospital has several entrances so I managed to avoid them again. Once I had finished my errands I got back home in one piece. I even managed to procure some supplies. Today I have a headache, probably from the stress of it all...

I hate kids.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

16 Feb 2017 17:10 #15263 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random

Journal entry # 113
I hate kids.

I didn't even like kids when I was one of them.

The big problem with kids is that they're just like adults but EVEN WORSE!

16 Feb 2017 17:33 #15264 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random
Honestly i work in a school, its full of kids! Its like a kid apocalypse!

16 Feb 2017 17:38 #15265 by Charlotte
apokidlypse?

They're horrifying :ohmy: But I find it extra unpleasant when they come in hordes...
(And Kaz I've worked in a school too - strangely enough the only time in my life when I felt I could maybe stand them after all.... but I did love silence and solitude at the end of the day!)

16 Feb 2017 20:39 #15266 by kazky
I didn't know you worked in a school. Yeah the peace when they all go home is bliss but some of the teachers are just as bad too

16 Feb 2017 20:50 #15267 by Charlotte
It was back in 2001. Some of my collegues now are younger than my then students would be. Which is kind of a freaky thought.

17 Feb 2017 00:42 #15270 by kazky
Tell me about it, i've worked there since 2003, the kids then now have kids there :/ its weird when i tell the new kids i remember their parents being at school. And it makes you feel ancient!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17 Feb 2017 15:37 #15278 by Charlotte
That's just 14 years, how old are those kids o.O

I just went from a youtube video with Aaron Blaise (posted by Valence) to another tutorial by someone named Walid Feghali, who sounded like maybe he had a Swedish accent so I had to look him up lol, and yup, he lives outside Gothenburg. And does music + art so sow I'm listening to little random pieces from his website: walidfeghali.com/music/

17 Feb 2017 18:18 #15279 by kazky
Trust me thats long enough for some of the kids to produce offspring!