April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

24 Sep 2016 23:37 - 24 Sep 2016 23:38 #14598 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic Totally Random
Have you tried to update your graphic driver and display drivers Charlotte, it could fix the problem hopefully. I think that will help with the flickering issue too! :woohoo:

I use a hdmi tv as my 2nd screen with a hdmi cable, you have to change the display settings to add the 2nd monitor it should detect it, not sure about a laptop though. :?

Sorry i'm not anymore help, i've traded my computer memory locations for art memory locations :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Sep 2016 23:45 #14600 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Totally Random
Sorry to hear your woes with the new setup. Multiple screens can sometimes be fickle when setting them up. I only use one screen at home, but do have a dual monitor setup at work. I believe I have mine extended, and it shows the BG on both monitors, but everything on the desktop can be placed on either? ... Without seeing it in person it's hard to suggest anything. Your best bet is to play around with the settings, and as you state, there may be a place to make the proper setting to get it working properly.

And my work computer is a PC, and I've never set up multiple monitors on a Mac before, so I'm not familiar with the settings. (Which I believe you use?) Either way, I hope you get it sorted though. :)

As for mine, I just received the RAM I ordered, so I dropped that in last night. I only ordered it with 8gb, but now it's full with 32gb. ... Just wish I wasn't under the weather at the moment. :X I was hoping to do some work over the weekend, but mostly I've been laying down taking meds. Felt it coming on Thursday during the day and started taking meds that night to keep it from setting in, but didn't work this time. Been taking them since, but it still grabbed hold. :(

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

26 Sep 2016 10:00 #14609 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
Sounds like the refresh rate or resolution are set wrong for the monitor. It does show 2 screens available in the display settings when the monitor is connected doesn't it?

26 Sep 2016 10:59 #14610 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
Thanks guys, and yes Banj, it does show two screens (and no, Dave, I don't have a Mac ;) )

I think it reset the resolution properly on it's own. Not sure about the refresh rate, since that's not something I ever had an issue with before. Regarding drivers, I think they are all up to date, thuogh I guess I can check again. I had forgotten to update the tablet driver when I reinstalled that, and there was an update to the software I use for playing the Tribez (somewhat less obsessively these days) and it's been better since, I think. But I'll have to keep an eye on if whether the flickering continues.

Oh and the computer came with McAfee - one month (phooey, I'm "used" to getting a whole year free with a new computer! Twice!). I'm considering just turning on windows defender instead. Bad? OK? Any good antivirus software out there? Been using AVG but it bugs me with all its popups and ads and suggestions I "try improvements" which turn out to be trials of the paid for version and blah blah blah. It also seemed to slow the computer down sometimes...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

26 Sep 2016 11:53 #14611 by Banj

Thanks guys, and yes Banj, it does show two screens (and no, Dave, I don't have a Mac ;) )

I thought it probably did as it gave you the option to extend the display, but I wondered if it had screwed up detecting the monitor or something. Windows defender should be OK. I gave up with AVG a long time ago.

26 Sep 2016 12:01 - 26 Sep 2016 12:02 #14612 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Totally Random
Hmm, not sure why I was thinking you had mentioned being a Mac user? :unsure:

As for antivirus, it's been so long since I switched over I can't recall what I ended up using in the end. But for the first few years I used Norton, but found it to be a resource hog. After having issues with the computer slowing down and at times just acting stupid, I found Norton was the cause most of the time. ... So I ended up going with a free antivirus I just downloaded, and it worked fine. I just can't recall the name? If I think of it, I will let you know.

Never used Windows Defender myself, so can't speak on it. Maybe someone else can, or suggest a good antivirus.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

26 Sep 2016 13:16 #14613 by Charlotte
Kazky told me to buy a Mac, maybe that's why? :)
And I think I'll just go with Windows Defender and see how that works for me.

24 Dec 2016 10:23 #14959 by Charlotte
God Jul!!!!
happy holidays! I know most of you don't celebrate xmas until tomorrow but we swedes are a bit ahead of our time, so... for us it's today

24 Dec 2016 10:45 - 24 Dec 2016 10:46 #14960 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Totally Random
Merry Christmas everyone, have fun :)

And Happy Birthday to Charlotte!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

24 Dec 2016 11:15 #14961 by Banj
Ho Ho Ho!