April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Feb 23 - Fairy Tale - WIPs

20 Feb 2023 12:03 - 20 Feb 2023 12:14 #44516 by Charlotte
At home with yet another headache (or, basically, the same one since Friday :( ) so I took the time to change the earrings and add flat colours... I think this might be more or less the colour scheme I'll use... I made her eyes green, as in "green with envy" and planned to match that with dress and/or jewellery, but the basic dark purple villainy colour worked better for the dress and the green jewellery didn't look good with the purple. I tried a variety of colours for the jewellery, but didn't want to do purple with purple, so I ended up with a somewhat peachy colour. Not sure that's final, but it seemed to work best for now. Pink might work too but that's.... too princessy. :dry: 

Edit: Well, that last a few seconds. I realised that among all the colours I tried for the jewellery, I never tried red. So I changed it and then I made the purple hue in the dress more red as well... 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Feb 2023 13:20 #44517 by Banj
A scribble 

Everyone is avoiding hands, so I'm not only doing hands, I'm doing Hans with hands  now to draw millions of spikey bits 
Attachments:

20 Feb 2023 14:26 - 20 Feb 2023 14:27 #44518 by Charlotte
Is this that guy from the Witcher? Ciri's father or something??? :dumb:

Edit: And I'd like to point out that I do have one hand in the image. So there. That's like 25% of the possible hands I could have included... :dry: 

20 Feb 2023 14:35 #44519 by Banj
I have no idea about the character in The Witcher, but it's from the story Hans My Hedgehog: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_My_Hedgehog

20 Feb 2023 15:16 #44522 by Banj
Some slightly tidier pencils 

Attachments:

20 Feb 2023 15:34 #44524 by Charlotte
Never heard of any other Hans than the one with Gretel. And the not so nice guy in Frost (wasn't his name Hans? I can't remember). But there was a hedgehog knight (pun on hedge knight? Not sure) in the Witcher. Geralt saved him and claimed one of those surprise rewards or whatsits and ended up with Ciri... If I remember the TV series correctly. In the book, Ciri is currently away at a temple, studying, and writing funny letters to Geralt in her spare time.

20 Feb 2023 15:36 #44525 by Banj

20 Feb 2023 15:44 - 20 Feb 2023 15:47 #44526 by Valence
The hedgehog chap in the Witcher is called Duny and he is in the short story books too. :confident:

Edit: And I used to love The Storyteller. "The best place by the fire..." :cheer:

20 Feb 2023 15:47 #44527 by Charlotte
I remember seeing the storyteller! At least the intro. Not sure I ever saw this particular story, though...

20 Feb 2023 17:33 #44531 by Banj
Ink 

Attachments: