April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Feb 23 - Fairy Tale - WIPs

01 Feb 2023 11:55 - 01 Feb 2023 11:56 #44237 by Banj
Fairy Tale

Brief:
A pretty open theme this month. Do something Fairy Tale related.

Deadline: Thou hast until the stroke of Midnight Tuesday the 28th of February, late entries will turn into a pumpkin.  

This thread is where you post your WIPs (works in progress). Finals should be posted over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...y-tale-final-entries

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
- All challenge entries must be your own work.
- You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
- Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
- No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
- Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
- Deadline is given in UK time (midnight UTC) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
- Each member may cast one vote.
- No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Feb 2023 20:23 #44426 by Valence
Tried some Blender stuff today but it went very poorly. :nope:

15 Feb 2023 15:01 #44441 by Banj
 Two Weeks!

I've still been trying to decide what I wanted to do for this chalenge. 
Attachments:

15 Feb 2023 15:04 #44443 by Charlotte
same here... not that I've managed to do anything since 2021... :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

15 Feb 2023 19:18 #44450 by Valence

Tried some Blender stuff today but it went very poorly. :nope:

*watches YouTube videos*
*tries again*

:cry:

15 Feb 2023 20:05 #44451 by Charlotte

15 Feb 2023 21:24 #44452 by Charlotte
Apparently, fairytales can be traced back to prehistoric times (5-6000 years back!)
That's a 2016 BBC article 

I'm not entirely sure it works to compare stories this way as the same type of stories have probably been invented multiple times, but it's interesting anyway. Someone argued that the "Smith and the devil" type of story couldn't be as old as the other researchers suggested because there probably was no word for "smith" back then. I mean. There was no devil 6000 years ago. :dry: But there were probably guys making tools and weapons, even if they weren't called "smiths". Anyway, I guess they traced the "archetypes" of the stories, such as the crafty smith who fools the devil (or evil spirit), the boy (Jack & the beanstalk) who manages to steal an ogre's or giant's treasure, and so on.. 

16 Feb 2023 20:51 #44456 by Charlotte
I tried to get started on something today so I opened artRage. And then I couldn't find a ref I liked so I closed it again. :dry:

16 Feb 2023 20:54 #44457 by Valence
Still failing with Blender (and today it crashed while I was continuing to get things wrong.)
I don't understand how it seems to work so easily for the people on YouTube.
Think I'm gonna have to ditch this idea and grope around for something else. :pout:

17 Feb 2023 20:48 #44466 by Valence
I had one more day of trying to work on this Blender thing, which I intended to be a realistic looking wolf for a Red Riding Hood pic, but once again I've just ended up with a big ball of flooof. :dunno:
I'm definitely giving up on this idea now and will try to think of something else over the weekend.