April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN May 2016 "Fallen" - WIPs

10 May 2016 08:54 #13746 by SchizophreniaWolf
Nice Atto, I like where your paint is going!

Thx all for the comments!
Yeah sorry for the harsh comment on your sword Valence, I was a little sick when I wrote it. But you are such good sporty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 May 2016 11:33 #13747 by Valence

Yeah sorry for the harsh comment on your sword Valence.

:lol:
Wasn't harsh at all. You said exactly what I thought about it, as if you were reading my mind. I do struggle with straight hard edges and struggle more when trying to fit them in with messier brush strokes elsewhere.
Yours however are filled with your trademark style and design, and I also like the depth you've got with those figures and their poses.

10 May 2016 12:56 #13748 by Tyl
Replied by Tyl on topic CGAN May 2016 "Fallen" - WIPs
It's been a long long time since my last digital painting.
Here is a first WIP. A fallen angel. She misplaced a silver spoon and now she is thrown out of the heavens. The big boss is cruel.
Hey Schizo, do I know you from somewhere? Like your wip. Good composition. I like the foreground background setup.
Atto: Good pose. I think some more space above and below the figure would be nice.
Cherry: Looks good. The nose needs a little correction.

Attachments:

10 May 2016 22:07 #13749 by SchizophreniaWolf
Tyl: Nope, don't know ya. SECURITY!!! :P Hi, Tyl, a very nice start/study, love the stylized feathers and the look like it's drawn on paper.

Valence: Yeah you're right, it sucked pretty bad, you should be ashamed, soooo very ashamed! :silly:

Another wip! With a bit more wop... and some woezel-wazzel. Enjoy...

Attachments:

11 May 2016 08:01 #13750 by Tyl
Schizo: I started doodling on paper, somehow it feels better to start from there. And when it's no good, I can burn it :evil: . I love the light in your paint, try to preserve it. When I look at your painting the following two-liner keeps popping up in my head "You call that a knive?! This is a knive!" :woohoo:

12 May 2016 08:57 - 12 May 2016 08:57 #13751 by SchizophreniaWolf
Tyl: yeah I understand what you mean with starting on paper. You spend alot of time burning drawings then? :P Just joking :lol: . Haha you call that a knife!?

Attachments:

12 May 2016 09:30 #13752 by Tyl
Schizo: I bought a house with a fireplace to solve my paper waste problem :lol:, I can recuperate some energy now.

12 May 2016 15:01 - 12 May 2016 15:01 #13755 by SchizophreniaWolf
Tyl: Haha!

Well well new wip, some more mist, detail in the 'coffin-sword', detail in het soil, adjustments in the face of mister doom, and I added some trees to accentuate the size of the f#cker.

Attachments:

14 May 2016 00:23 #13758 by hansnomad
Really like the site redesign (congratulations--looks great). I've been poking my head into the Forums now and again for a long time, but not stayed long. Thinking about jumping in on this contest even though its a bit of a late start. I like the prompt.

14 May 2016 14:11 - 14 May 2016 14:14 #13764 by Valence
Schizo: Always epic. That mist is nice and creepy and just adds to the scale and depth. Keep it going. (Part of me wants you to keep that little Teletubby head on the sword handle but you're probably right to take it out. :lol:)

Tyl: Nice composition and anatomy work there. But I really like that purple light falling across the picture. It gives it just the right kind of mood.

Hansnomad: Jump on in. It's never too late! :) Well, until the deadline, obviously.