April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN October 2015 The thing behind the door

01 Oct 2015 20:00 #12483 by Banj
The thing behind the door

Brief: It is All Hallows' Eve. All is quiet until a knock at the door breaks the still... ARGH! Halloween challenge, paint something Halloweeny.

Deadline: Saturday 31st of October, by midnight GMT (the witching hour no less oooo!).

This is where you posts your WIPs. Final entries should be posted here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...ehind-the-door#12482

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...s/39-challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
  • All challenge entries must be your own work.
  • You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
  • Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
  • No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
  • Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
  • Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
  • Each member may cast one vote
  • No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Oct 2015 22:12 #12484 by Digital Dave
Sounds like this might be one crazy, spooky challenge! :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

02 Oct 2015 02:09 #12493 by Digital Dave
Well, we're being hit with a major storm here right now. Since they've requested me to stay home tomorrow and instead come in to work tomorrow evening and work until sometime Saturday, as well as scheduling me to work all day Sunday, my sketching time will be limited for a while to say the least. ... But when I started sketching in Manga, I started thinking of this challenge, and sketched this out. May not go anywhere with it, but since it's what inspired it, thought to at least post it. :)

Attachments:

02 Oct 2015 09:25 #12496 by Charlotte
Hey, isn't that the guy who used to work at Gringott's?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Oct 2015 14:46 #12506 by Digital Dave
Ya know, the thought never crossed my mind when I sketched this, but it just might be! :D ... I got the same response when my son asked me last night, is Harry Potter this months theme? Because he looks like the guy from the bank. :huh:

Though I am a big HP fan, it wasn't intentional. :)

02 Oct 2015 17:29 - 02 Oct 2015 17:39 #12509 by Digital Dave
Had a little free time this morning, so decided to slop some colors right down on this one, instead of working it up in greyscale. (Which I've been doing lately)... Would like to do more, but need to rest up some before tonight's shift. :(

Oh, also thinking I may need to add an additional light source to help illuminate the lower portion of the table some, so it's not all in total darkness that is. Maybe a pumpkin or something similar?

Attachments:

02 Oct 2015 19:56 #12510 by Valence
I like the perspective in this with the converging table legs and the big foreshortened hand.
Also it's good to see colour go in early, it makes progress so much quicker and easier that way.

03 Oct 2015 20:28 #12516 by Digital Dave
Thanks Valence, appreciate it. :)

Well, worked through the night, and stayed up and worked on this some more when I got home this morning. Thankfully, they also called everything off a little while ago, stating the Hurricane has moved out seaward, so I get to enjoy some of this weekend after all! :D Update from this morning...

Attachments:

04 Oct 2015 19:21 #12520 by Digital Dave
Did a little more. Didn't want to put the pumpkin on a stool or table, so fooled with another idea.

Attachments:

05 Oct 2015 12:54 #12523 by Valence
Still looking good, Dave. And it's progressing quickly. At this rate you'll be finished before anyone else starts! :)