May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Mindbenders Works In Progress

23 Feb 2015 12:42 #9043 by Mindbender
Yes, me too :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Feb 2015 23:51 #9066 by microscopi
Wow love these, you don't need much detail to capture the essence of each character, looking cool. I read all the books, but they don't match the show like by a lot!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mindbender

24 Feb 2015 15:33 #9071 by Domtopia
It's a rare thing when books are inferior to on screen adaptations!

I agree with Mic. Even though they are sketchy, they capture the likenesses very well. I don't know much about the series, but I recognise the characters from these sketches, so you must be doing something right!!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mindbender

25 Feb 2015 00:17 #9084 by microscopi
It is a really awesome show it does justice to the books, but in the show Joffrey is an only child, and in the books he has a little brother Tommen (who's nice) and a sister Myrcella. Major plot points center around them, that's just one example! Plus Martin is so slow at writing the next book won't be out till spring and the final another 2 years so I think the shows going to really stray from the books, but at least Martin feeds HBO his own material.

25 Feb 2015 08:39 #9090 by Charlotte
uhm, he's got his brother and sister with him in the TV series as well, micro. In season 4 Myrcella lives in Dorne and Tommen is crowned King.... Joffrey has never been an only child. Personally I like the books just as much as I like the TV series. I think what makes the TV series so awesome is that most other TV series just don't match up - it's not really the fault of the books. But that said I too think Martin is taking wayyyy too long to finish up the story! When I bought the first 5 books I thought it was a complete series and when I had like 25 pages left in book 5 I was frantically wondering how he'd tie up all those loose ends in only a few pages! :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

25 Feb 2015 22:56 #9119 by microscopi
What ??!!!

I was watching the show first got through the first three seasons and there was no sister or brother on camera. I had to stop watching the show because of too many spoilers so I decided to read the entire series so I could spoil stuff for the spoilers, now you're telling me I got spoiled again !!!! I haven't seen one min of season 4 yet OMG freaking out now!

26 Feb 2015 08:48 #9124 by Charlotte
lol
well I think they're mostly mentioned. Myrcella hasn't been seen in season 4 that I can recall but Cersei has talked about her. Tommen is there but considerably older than I remember from the books.

26 Feb 2015 09:21 #9125 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Mindbenders Works In Progress

What ??!!!

I was watching the show first got through the first three seasons and there was no sister or brother on camera

They first appear in the very first episode when the King arrives at Winterfell.

Attachments:

26 Feb 2015 09:46 #9126 by Charlotte
yup and that.

26 Feb 2015 12:24 - 26 Feb 2015 12:25 #9128 by microscopi
You have evidence too wow, entirely missed that lol