May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Rough landcape idea

08 Sep 2014 13:39 #6001 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Rough landcape idea
I agree with the above comments. While the "collar" of the triceratops is at about 1/3 from the right side of the image, both dinos together take up pretty much exactly the right side 50%. You could add another to the left like Dom suggested, or a bit more space to the right and maybe make the T-Rex the focal point.

I also agree that the orange edge is a nice touch! :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Sep 2014 14:03 #6004 by AngieA
Replied by AngieA on topic Rough landcape idea
I didn't know that frill was solid bone, interesting. In that case oops! forget my comment about the subsurface scattering effect being nice. It never happened. :whistle: ;)

08 Sep 2014 14:23 #6005 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Rough landcape idea
Well, some ceratopsians had even larger frills with big holes in them. I suspect those holes were full of muscle though so probably not much translucense there either. At least it's how I recall seeing reconstructed ceratopsians - with loads of muscle to carry the weight of those frills. Would be fun if they worked like inflatable "bladders" in bright colours instead - like frigate birds :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

09 Sep 2014 05:07 - 09 Sep 2014 05:09 #6032 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic Rough landcape idea
Man who knew there was so much involved in dinosaur creation :unsure: Thats some really great feedback wow, I hope I can do it justice! I think I did a good job of incorporating all the feedback, I pushed the dino's over to the left more and just worked up the detail, tried to really focus on the tri collar. I won't get to work on it anymore for a cpl weeks though going on vacation.

Attachments:

09 Sep 2014 20:50 - 09 Sep 2014 20:50 #6063 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Rough landcape idea
The little triceratops are awesome!

I think the bright patch under the Tyrannosaur is a good idea too. It draws the focus to that area and then to the Tyrannosaur's face. If that is going to be a reflective area too, I think that will be really effective.

Have a good holiday Mic! Looking forward to you getting more of this done when you get back!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!