April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Bergy68's WIP's...Smithvright

21 Aug 2014 08:31 #5454 by bergy68
Replied by bergy68 on topic Bergy68's WIP's...Alien
;) Thanks for the kind words Dom. Gonna clean the Alien up a bit more, then start a new Finished Art thread again. Yaaa!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Aug 2014 08:38 #5455 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Bergy68's WIP's...Alien
I think it looks good though I find myself expecting the foreground dust to be more textured since the background is. I'm an expert at ruining pictures by detailing or texturing everything to the sdame level though. But the foreground dust is very photoshop smooth. Maybe just try using the texture brush as an eraser for just a bit more interest? Other than that smooth bit there I think it looks great :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

21 Aug 2014 08:46 #5457 by bergy68
Replied by bergy68 on topic Bergy68's WIP's...Alien
Cool Thanks Charlotte. Question how do set up a brush you created to use with the Earaer Tool in PShop?

21 Aug 2014 09:49 #5458 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Bergy68's WIP's...Alien
I think you just change/choose the brush just like when you paint... I haven't used Photoshop in a while so I don't really remember exactly :P

Maybe this is of some help:
helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/erasing-parts-image.html

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

21 Aug 2014 22:23 #5484 by bergy68
Cool thanks Charlotte, Ill check it out. :)

OK so last night at work I was on my smoke break and saw something out of nothing. Its great how our artists eye and mind works. From our understanding of basic fundamental shapes we can see a solid form from nothing, just from maybe the way the light bounces off something or the way a shadow might fall.

In the back ally where a dumpster lives was my....Ghost i'm gonna call it. Here is the images below.

Image from the angle I was looking at it on my break.

File Attachment:

And the shape and form I saw in my Ghost of dust and dirt. :blink:

File Attachment:

22 Aug 2014 00:10 #5492 by bergy68
Well time for work. Started fleshing him out.

File Attachment:

22 Aug 2014 00:11 - 22 Aug 2014 00:12 #5493 by Digital Dave
Pretty cool, Bergy. I do the same. Only hate when I'm looking at a textured wall, see something in it, and then loose it and have to look around till I find it again. And I do look until I find it, whether while there, or the next time I'm at that location. :)

EDIT: you posted 1 second before my post, so didn't see the sketch. Looks very cool indeed.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

22 Aug 2014 00:19 #5494 by bergy68

Pretty cool, Bergy. I do the same. Only hate when I'm looking at a textured wall, see something in it, and then loose it and have to look around till I find it again. And I do look until I find it, whether while there, or the next time I'm at that location. :)

EDIT: you posted 1 second before my post, so didn't see the sketch. Looks very cool indeed.

Thanks Dave. HaHa! Had to make you edit the Beat by a single hair. :P