April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Charlotte Goes Live

26 Apr 2018 16:52 #20936 by Charlotte
Thanks Thomgirl :)
Society6 is one option I plan to look closer at once I feel I have energy enough to do anything but nap when I get off work. (And I'm currently only working 4 hours a day!). Going to the gym doesn't feel like much fun but I do like some aspects of it once I'am actually there. And I walk to and from work 5 days a week so that adds up a bit too. My mood just goes up and down a bit, currently it's "fairly up" :)

I was disappointed that Aywas are happy to accept all my "free" stuff but not willing to pay for them but I think I'm over it already :P Nowadays I'm more miffed about some issues at work! There's always something ;)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Apr 2018 21:42 #20942 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Charlotte Goes Live - or not
Society6 is something I'm going to look into as well. Probably next week. I did take the plunge with an Etsy shop though. I've had one sale so far and that was to my father! My wife has opened one as well for her paintings (she's currently doing a lot of traditional stuff focusing on wildlife) so we have now invested in a decent A3 printer so we can reduce the costs to a minimum as we were selling things way to expensively. My prices haven't changed yet but thats on next weeks to do list too.
I haven't promoted the shop a huge amount yet as there's only 7 items on there so far but I'm planning on hitting social media pretty hard very soon.
Here's the address if you fancy a look: www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MNMArtworksCo
Good to hear feeling a little more positive!

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

27 Apr 2018 06:47 #20944 by Charlotte
I'll take a look when I get home from work :)
And don't forget we have a specific forum section for advertising ones online shops! ;)

11 Jun 2018 14:37 #21400 by Charlotte
well, it has been done. Of sorts. I've been asking the Swedish Taxwhatseveritsname regarding selling my art online and they happily gave an incomprehensible answer. I asked a few more specific questions and was told to register for VAT. The information on the page I was directed to, said to go to another page to register. Once there, that page happily claimed that I couldn't register for VAT without first registering a company, something I should do on that previous site which had directed me to where I now was.

Feeling utterly confused and not having the slightest idea if I did things right, I have no applied for registering a business, "FA-tax" and VAT. I've no idea if I did things right... Feels like an awful lot of trouble that - in the end - will bring so little money that I'll be exempt (?) from taxes anyway...

And speaking of this, why is it when something is complicated and you read all the info you can find, and then ask a question, specifically stating what info you've tried to understand, people answer you with equally incomprehensible sentences, preferably in the shape of quotes from the very pages you told them you already read?

11 Jun 2018 14:46 #21401 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Charlotte Goes Live - or not
I don't know how things are in Middle Earth where you are, but in the UK you aren't required to register for VAT unless your income is greater than £85,000 per year. You also don't have to register as a business if you are a sole trader. You only need to register with the Tax office to pay income tax.

11 Jun 2018 14:50 - 11 Jun 2018 14:52 #21402 by Charlotte
well apparently since I'm selling digital art, it counts as services rather than art, and also because I'm selling to the US (Aywas). But then because it IS art I need to register for VAT even if I don't need to pay it (in fact I'm not allowed to charge VAT if I'm expected to sell for less than 30,000 SEK but I still have to register). It's all a complete mess, I dunno who thunk up these rules... :dumb:

11 Jun 2018 14:53 #21403 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Charlotte Goes Live - or not
That all sounds back to front :huh:

11 Jun 2018 14:54 #21404 by Charlotte
(I wouldn't even make £85,000 a year working my regular job full time, even if I included the social fees etc that I never even see - and that I think you need to handle yourselves, in England)

11 Jun 2018 21:10 #21410 by Valence
:dunno:

You both may as well be talking Swedish for all I understand. Verkligen!

This is the reason I shall remain poor for the rest of my life. Well, this and all the other reasons. :lol:

12 Jun 2018 06:53 #21411 by Charlotte
:lol:
Dad has told me a couple of things that I believe I shall agree with when I get to the age he was when he said those things (around 65 I think, he's now nearer 85):

1) He's starting to realise he'll never be rich
2) He feels like he's just pretended to be an artist and to know how to paint, all his life...