March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Charlotte Goes Live

06 Jan 2019 09:09 #23304 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Charlotte Goes Live
Update
I did work 50% last year and somehow didn't lose much money from it either. I dunno how I managed that, but... it's good. :)

I managed to make a total of about 150 USD from selling stuff to/on Aywas. (I also spent 100 USD on said site, so...) My sister read me a horoscope for 2019 that said I'd be successful in 2020 so it's all good. :P Slow and steady :D

I still haven't updated my website :dry: and have no portfolio...

During 2019 I will be working 100% again (for the first time in years) and also have political assignments. It won't leave much time for painting but I'll try to keep making a few bucks. I'm also not sure what it'll do to my health, but I guess I'll worry about that when I have to. That is, now quite yet.

Happy 2019! :D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jan 2019 14:32 #23305 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Charlotte Goes Live
Good to know you're still "going live" even if it is slow and steady. Remember, it's not a race. :)
And it's certainly more progress than you'll find in my "Valence Stays Dead" thread. :lol:

06 Jan 2019 14:34 #23306 by Charlotte
considering that thread doesn't exist.... yes :lol:

06 Jan 2019 15:00 #23307 by Valence
Proof that it is dead! :lol:

I clearly need to get some of those political assignments. It sounds very impressive.

31 May 2019 15:02 #24931 by Charlotte
Worked my last day at my "current" job today. Working 100% just wasn't working for me with all my headaches. Currently I'm on vacation, but once the vacation ends, I'm "between jobs". For now, I feel good about it but I hope that I have some lue about the future within the year or I'll start feeling nervous, I guess.

Hopefully I'll get to spend some time on painting and maybe sculpting and such too. I sure have a ton of polymer clay (and air dry clay) lying unopened in my hobby room...

31 May 2019 17:29 #24933 by Valence
Ahhh, clay sculpting.
Never has a medium produced such a mess. And that's just the description of my finished sculptures! :lol:

I too have a small tub of polymer clay and half a block of that air-dry stuff lying around. But the memories of the difficulty and clumsy awkwardness keep me from trying again. I did once do a dragon head that wasn't absolutely awful but that one is far outnumbered by a population of deformed heads and that dinosaur that collapsed because I didn't know the importance of armatures. :)

31 May 2019 19:27 #24934 by Charlotte
Aw don't frighten me off from trying! I'm sure I'll do perfect things! Absolutely perfect! :D

29 Sep 2019 12:04 #26070 by Charlotte
Right.... still haven't even got around to trying sculpting.
But - I really should get around to updating my website. And I would appreciate all your tips and opinions (and kicks in the butt). You don't even need to view my current site, what I'd like to know is what you think makes for a good website (particularly with images/portfolios) and what makes a bad website... Any ideas and suggestions are welcome! (please! :blush:)

29 Sep 2019 15:16 #26071 by Valence
My own portfolio pet peeve is when the website is filled with fancy, animated/interactive gimmicks that take an age to load (I hate waiting for Instagram links too!) or in some cases they just leave you with a blank screen and the dreadful message telling you that it doesn't support this old mobile browser.
Just let me see the damn pictures! :shakefist:

Then again, I guess I'm not the sort of person that professional artists are trying to impress. :dry:
So perhaps you should make your website as fancy as possible. :lol:

29 Sep 2019 15:30 #26072 by Charlotte
:P well I probably won't add much animation so no major worries there ;)