July challenge - Mech Fauna

Deadline for entry:

June challenge VOTE OPEN!

Gaming

11 Dec 2022 15:46 #43313 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Oh and since things weren't quite working out like they should with the quest I was trying to focus on (which is why I went where the mages were hiding, I needed something else to do) I read up on that particular quest and yes I did indeed send the wrong man to prison last time. Oops, my bad.

Anyway things are definitely not happening quite like they should. Maybe I did them in the wrong order or something. First the initial event didn't seem to want to happen. Now it did, the poor corpse is just laying there with nobody taking care of it. (And someone killed a guard too :ohmy:) I had trouble finding the guy I was to talk to, until I broke into his house, learned I couldn't wait while trespassing and then the marking finally pointed to where he was. So we talked and then he walked a circle around me and since then he hasn't moved. :dry: Well, I am making assumptions, since I myself eventually moved away from the area (I was planning on following him...)

Anyhow, I was, according to the guide, supposed to talk to some other people as well but one doesn't want to talk about THAT and the other doesn't want to talk at all. So I left... Maybe they'll have moved along if I come back some other day...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Dec 2022 15:57 #43314 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Oh, is this the murder mystery quest?
I haven't begun investigating that yet even though the story has started.

I shall now try extra hard to not arrest an innocent man. :)
Well, I will when I eventually return there. :dry:

11 Dec 2022 16:45 #43315 by Charlotte
It is. Not that anything much is happening. I think I should have spoken to a certain person much earlier... As far as I reacll I was able to speak with someone early on, at the site, so to speak, and was told to speak to the next person. But this time there was this guard that kept following me around and triggering one of those "communication windows" that keep you from doing anything (except tabbing out, only he kept triggering it again and again...)

11 Dec 2022 16:58 #43316 by Valence
Oh, I have spoken to everyone "at the site" I just didn't want to take over the investigation just yet seeing as I was only in the city for some Thieves Guild shenanigans.
But I did try to loot the victims. :lol:

What's that? Someone's been murdered? Did they have any gold or soul gems? Oh, well. ;)

11 Dec 2022 17:11 - 11 Dec 2022 17:34 #43317 by Charlotte
victims? plural?

Edit, my quest is definitely buggered. But if I am to go back to an earlier save that is early enough, I lose a week. I don't understand how the game saves work, obviously. I always have several from like the last few minutes or hours and then some that are WAY older. But nothing that's kind of in between. 

:pout:

11 Dec 2022 17:36 - 11 Dec 2022 17:37 #43318 by Valence
Hmm, maybe it was me that killed the other one. :hmm:
But don't be putting me in prison. :paranoid:
Again. :dry:

But I think there are also previous victims that I recall being told about. And I would have looted them too given the chance. :stare:

11 Dec 2022 17:44 - 11 Dec 2022 17:45 #43319 by Valence
It autosaves every time you transition between interiors and exteriors, and also every few minutes (I think it's 10 or 15). There are only about three autosave slots and they gradually overwrite each other sequentially. Quicksaves done with the F5 key have just one slot that continually overwrites.
If you want to make a permanent hard save that doesn't automatically overwrite then you do this through the menu options.

11 Dec 2022 18:48 #43320 by Charlotte
I guess I need to start saving properly before quitting... :dry: Now, should I give this quest up or replay the entire last week.... :hmm:

*leans towards just moving on*

11 Dec 2022 18:57 #43321 by Charlotte
I tried using a console command for resetting the quest but it didn't work. And someone keeps dragging that poor victim's body down from the slab it was found on and into the bushes behind it :dry: (I moved her back up once....)

11 Dec 2022 19:51 #43322 by Valence
I feel like I'm unable to offer any help/advice without completely spoiling it for myself. :dumb: