May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

The Trailer Park

29 Mar 2024 21:09 #49769 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
:giggle:

I started watching "Travelers" last night. It's been on my list for ages but Netflix started encouraging me to try it after finishing the 3 Body thing. And the first episode was decent enough for me to keep going. :aha:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Mar 2024 21:28 #49770 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I think that was the other sister Boleyn. :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

30 Mar 2024 13:41 #49774 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

I think that was the other sister Boleyn. :dumb:

I've mixed up my wives... just like Henry VIII

The crime writer was the one after the former Bond girl 

30 Mar 2024 13:42 #49775 by Charlotte
:dry: How many wives do you have...? :dumb:

30 Mar 2024 13:44 #49776 by Banj

30 Mar 2024 14:01 #49777 by Banj
I'm now half way through 3 Body Problem, and it has improved from the first episode.

31 Mar 2024 18:23 #49786 by Charlotte
*sighs over the Swedish subtitles*

Yesterday there was a suspect shoeprint size 40, today it's size 38 (5 in UK terms I think they said).
And this old guy calls his daughter "maid" which I think is meant to be translated as "tös" ("little girl" or something similar) - either way it's obviously used as a term of endearment, but the translation? "Cleaning lady".

:shrug:

31 Mar 2024 18:57 #49787 by Valence
I didn't watch a movie yesterday because there weren't enough hours in the day! :shakefist:

So I settled on another single episode of Travelers which is continuing to hold my attention even though I really want it to have another "L" in the title.

01 Apr 2024 17:09 - 01 Apr 2024 17:10 #49806 by Valence
After watching Ferrari the other week, last night I watched Ford v Ferrari on Netflix. And it was better than I expected even if it did feel rather odd seeing a huge billion dollar company with an exploitative owner being portrayed as a plucky, all-American underdog. :unsure:
Of course I did fall asleep and did miss an important bit but the story format was so familiar that I knew what happened in the bits that I missed. :lol:

03 Apr 2024 17:00 - 03 Apr 2024 17:03 #49811 by Charlotte
I just finished the second season of Belgravia where everything worked out happily ever after just in time for Christmas. Might be silly peeves but it bothers me that the beauty of the female lead was pointed out by everyone all throughout the series when she wasn't any prettier than anyone else and also that her sister (which I thought prettier) in spite of sharing the same parents and upbringing was portrayed as so much more shallow. She falls for a guy at first sight early on and does everything to impress him including being charitable and kind to others just because he points out it's the right thing to do. And when she finally accepts that he won't marry her she immediately "falls in love" with another guy at first sight. Although at this point I think it's more a case of "I must catch a husband before I'm a spinster" thing. Still, it was hard to like her character much.

Edit: She (the sister) wasn't very nice to their somewhat dotty old mum either.