April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

05 Jul 2022 14:41 #41295 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I eventually got through season one of Dirk Gently and I'm not sure I'll continue with the second. Certainly not yet anyway.
Perhaps I fell asleep at some important moments but for the most part I found it rather incoherent and silly. :S

And my own Stranger Things rewatch has reached the start of season three. :confident:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jul 2022 20:11 - 05 Jul 2022 20:47 #41296 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Supernatural.
Lots of random blood spatter on a carpet. Guys use tape to connect the dots and get a symbol they never saw before. But how did they know which dots to connects to each other??? Just stoopid, that.

Edit: They also got some nasty cuts all over their faces and I had to just look at them inn the following episode to see if they had scars. They didn't. Seems they heal remarkably well. 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

06 Jul 2022 00:11 - 06 Jul 2022 00:13 #41298 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
I've been bouncing around a bit with re-watches, as well as some new ones as well. - Sort-a taking a break from working at the moment, meaning here at home. But dealing with some other stuff too, which hasn't helped. Had to pick up a new washing machine a few weeks ago, after not being able to get the other one working. Then of course the dryer to the set mourned and then too died just a week later.   (Sadly, they weren't really that old.)

But I actually went back and re-watched the entire Walking Dead series some weeks back. (More bored of searching for stuff to watch and just came across it) - But I did watch one Polish series called Signs. Had it in my queue for some time. Wasn't bad but it seemed to bounce around quite a bit at first, or a lot going on, but that may have been just me trying to get into it. (Wife enjoyed it as well, starting to watch it after seeing some while I watched it)

Also finally got around to watching the series, Capitani. Which has also been in my queue for some time. Believe that one was labeled Luxembourg or France? If I remember correctly. Wasn't too bad, and another the Wife followed by watching it herself. Only one season but stated the second season is supposed to be available in just a few days.

Lastly decided to re-visit the entire Star Wars franchise, excluding the animated stuff offered on Disney+. Kept seeing some of the episode playing on the TV, so decided to do a timeline re-viewing. Was an enjoyable visit. 

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

06 Jul 2022 11:39 #41299 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

Supernatural.
Lots of random blood spatter on a carpet. Guys use tape to connect the dots and get a symbol they never saw before. But how did they know which dots to connects to each other??? Just stoopid, that.

Surely it doesn't matter which dots are connected to one another, they would still be likely to get a symbol they never saw before

06 Jul 2022 11:57 #41300 by Charlotte
True, but they wouldn't be very likely to get one that actually exists.

Also it turned out to be zoroastrian and couldn't be found in "all their usual sources". So I guess they usually only look for ancient US symbols. :dry:

06 Jul 2022 12:00 #41301 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
So it was the Mark of Zoroastrian 

06 Jul 2022 12:15 #41302 by Charlotte
I think he was called Dave not Mark :dumb:

06 Jul 2022 15:04 #41306 by Valence

excluding the animated stuff...

:lol:
When I had Disney+ I tried to watch Star Wars Visions.I really tried, but even though they're only 10-15 minutes long I couldn't make it through. It was definitely one of the worst things I've ever seen. :blink:
Clone Wars and Rebels are a little better but even those are a bit too naive for my tastes.

The main reason I got Disney+ back then was to catch the final season of The Walking Dead, which I've always liked, and I will probably get it again for a month when the last eight episodes are available.

08 Jul 2022 00:35 - 08 Jul 2022 00:37 #41315 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Ok Val, so you just blew my mind!   ... I was sitting here thinking, 'how the hell does someone watch the Walking Dead on Disney?' So yep, I had to Google it. - Apparently, it is indeed offered, but from what I saw real quick, it mentioned needing a VNP, and it also mentioned the UK, etc. 

Here, I just watch it on Netflix. And even after searching Disney+, I can't find it on there anywhere. So maybe it's not available here, since Netflix already has it? 

But yeah, I just have no desire to watch any of the animated stuff offered for the StarWars collective Disney+ has. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised I enjoyed the spin-offs as mush as I did. Such as Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Mandalorian, and most of all... The Book of Boba Fett. Never saw the big deal with him, since he was hardly seen much in the original trilogy. But even back in the 80's a lot of folks seemed to really like his character for some reason? - But I have to say the spin-off itself was ok. (All of them have that StarWars atmosphere I always enjoyed. Especially since most of the areas were/are places in the main movies themselves. So that's what I find appealing the most. Revisiting those planets/places, as well as the creatures. (New and Old)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

08 Jul 2022 11:30 #41316 by Valence
It's because we don't have AMC in the UK. Over here it used to be shown on the Fox TV channel but that was shut down last year so the rights reverted to something called Star+ which is included as part of the Disney package.
It's all very complicated and quite annoying to work out when all you want to do is watch a TV show. :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Digital Dave