April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

19 Jun 2022 18:55 #41108 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
I finished Magpie Murders (where both series and the book in the series was called the exact same thing and the two stories were interwoven as you might expect - I felt the series author might have done a bit too well in giving the series author his own voice: somehow I felt his story could have been told "better", that is, he didn't seem to be that great an author...)

And now I'm going to watch some McDonalds and Dodds which has another season available on svtplay, as well.

And then Umbrella Academy is FINALY coming on Wednesday! :excited:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jun 2022 19:04 #41109 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I don't think we get Magpie Murders on "normal" TV. It must be on one of those steaming things that I don't have. :shrug:
Yesterday I watched the movie Last Night In Soho and it was rather unusual and not what I expected. There were quite a few wild changes in tone throughout the story where it seemed to completely shift in genre but it just about worked and I didn't fall asleep. :cheer:

19 Jun 2022 19:50 - 19 Jun 2022 19:52 #41110 by Charlotte
Not sure it is "one of those streaming things". It's a limited 6 part series based on a book from 2016. The TV series is from 2022. The book is part of a series, too, but if they plan to make more seasons about the main character I'm not sure what they'll call them as Magpie Murders was just the one book.

Congrats on finding a movie that didn't put you to sleep :p

Edit: Oh and I'm quite enjoying McDonald & Dodds. Dodds has a doppelganger, but he thinks they're nothing alike. :giggle: 

19 Jun 2022 20:20 #41111 by Valence
It's apparently on BritBox. :stare:
Which I don't have. :nope:

I'm almost getting to the point of watching the new Stranger Things now but part of me wants to rewatch the older seasons too and I don't know whether to start from the beginning or watch the new ones and THEN go back to the beginning. :hmm:
But I've still an episode or two of La Revolution and Cowboy Bebop to watch while I make up my mind. :P

19 Jun 2022 20:50 #41113 by Charlotte
Rewatch the old seasons and then you can see all of the new episodes in July without an annoying wait between the two halves of the season.

19 Jun 2022 21:33 #41115 by Valence
Two halves? :hmm:
I think there are only two episodes left although they are going to be long ones. :aha:

20 Jun 2022 06:29 #41117 by Charlotte
oh. Well, I just know I have to wait until late July for the rest of the story :pout:

20 Jun 2022 19:56 #41138 by Charlotte
Turns out McDonald & Dodds is a one episode a week sort of thing so today I watched the first episode of cowboy bebop. I rather enjoyed it, though it seems kind of predictable, so far.

21 Jun 2022 19:17 #41147 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
When I saw the trailer for TROLL, the first thing I thought of was the movie TROLL HUNTER. Which is also now on HBO, but I actually watched and liked it. Watched it twice now I think. ... Just wasn't sure if the two were associated.

But did a quick search and see that they actually say there was 3 Troll Hunter movies. ...

Never heard of the others, and pretty sure some information might have gotten goofed up on that search... but the Troll shown in the trailer for TROLL looks just like the ones they had in Troll Hunter. At least it looked a lot like how they made them in Troll Hunter. ... Which was a Norwegian film I believe. 

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:

21 Jun 2022 20:08 #41148 by Charlotte
Troll Hunters is a normal movie, I believe (and norwegian, yes) but the trilogy you mentioned is an animated series...