April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

02 Sep 2019 13:44 #25863 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

Have there really been 4 (FOUR!?) previous Rambo movies? :ohmy:

Yes. One good one and the sequels that followed it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Sep 2019 12:05 #25929 by Banj
Saw this earlier in the week. My conclusion is nice production values, shame about the terrible writing.

14 Sep 2019 21:46 #25952 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
It does indeed "look" impressive with those epic city shots. I'm sure the artists needed the money more than the writers. :)

I finished my Dark Crystal viewing the other day and it won me over despite my initial reservations. It was fascinating to watch the "making-of" documentary too, especially seeing the grown-up baby from Labyrinth continuing the family business. :lol:

14 Oct 2019 13:53 #26258 by Banj
From someone in Hollywood that did something else previously comes the original story taken from a previous film that was based on a book that was already remade and updated once before.

Meanwhile the BBC is bringing people this original tale based on a book that was previously adapted multiple times in various media.

Meanwhile Amazon Prime is bringing us this (an earlier trailer of which was already posted ages ago in this thread), which is an original tale of a follow up to a TV and film series from some times ago.

Meanwhile netflix is just posting teasers for something that wont be out for ages and is an original TV series season following 3 previous seasons of an original story that borrows huge amounts of stuff from TV and films made 30 years ago.

14 Oct 2019 14:04 #26260 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
tony stark does need something else to do now he's dead. And War of the Worlds can't be as bad as the Tom Cruise version can it? Unless it too (and the book which I never read) ends with "God having provided a defence" that kills all the aliens once they've devastated the planet and killed off half the population (at least). And maybe we'll finally find out how Picard became bald in an alternate future.... (sorry, I recently watched the x-men/phoenix movie).

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

14 Oct 2019 14:06 #26261 by Banj
Oh, and there's this thing :dry:

14 Oct 2019 14:16 - 14 Oct 2019 14:17 #26263 by Banj
War of the Worlds is a fantastic book, ruined for me only by the fact that we had to read it in English at school at the horrendous snails pace of the illiterates in the class that struggled with more than one syllable. I actually quite like the Cruise film despite the fact that it doesn't make any sense due to Spielberg's stupid insistence on having the war machines buried here all along. I like the fact that the BBC are actually making a period set version closer(?) to the book.

EDIT -

tony stark does need something else to do now he's dead. .

SPOILERS :shakefist:

14 Oct 2019 14:36 #26265 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
oops :blush:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

14 Oct 2019 18:34 #26266 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
I quite liked the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds thing too. :dry:
The sound effects were amazing, apart from the screaming kid bit.

And I'm not clicking the Stranger Things thing. :stare:
I'm only half way through the third one, which isn't as good as the second one, which isn't as good as the first one.

15 Oct 2019 14:36 #26274 by Banj

And I'm not clicking the Stranger Things thing. :stare:
I'm only half way through the third one, which isn't as good as the second one, which isn't as good as the first one.

You are pretty safe, it's just the title sequence that says Stranger Things 4, with a tag line. Although I guess the tag line could be considered a very minor spoiler even though it wont make any sense to you until you get to the very end of Stranger Things 3.

Season 2 was a mess, all over the place with too many characters not having anything to do and lots of meandering filler... and then there was that episode, you know the one, nobody likes that episode. Season 3 is at least more focused.