May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

CGAN Oct 23 - Creatures of the Night - Final entries

01 Oct 2023 11:17 - 10 Nov 2023 14:23 #47313 by Banj
Creatures of the Night

Brief:
It is October and time for a Halloweeny theme of terrifying terror and horrifying fear, possibly caused by painting hands and feet, who knows? Create an image of the dark things that lurk in the... erm, darkness. Vampires, werewolves, ghosts and ghouls, or something else from your own warped mind.

Deadline: Midnight on Tuesday the 31st of October. 

This thread is where you post your final entries, WIPs (work in progress) should be posted over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...es-of-the-night-wips

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
- All challenge entries must be your own work.
- You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
- Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
- No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
- Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
- Deadline is given in UK time (midnight UTC) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
- Each member may cast one vote.
- No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

WINNER - VALENCE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2023 14:31 #47783 by Banj
Attachments:

30 Oct 2023 17:50 #47786 by Valence
Attachments:

01 Nov 2023 12:04 #47805 by Banj
Voting open, time to cast your vote for one of these...
  • Banj
  • Valence

Voting will close at midnight on the 8th of November.

01 Nov 2023 12:12 #47808 by Charlotte
Freaky as slug sized mosquitos might be, especially when you try to swat them (ew), I think my vote this month goes to Valence. That wildlife cam idea is so well executed and the er... carnivorous bipedal cow is really creepy looking, too.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Nov 2023 12:17 #47810 by Banj
Yep, Valence for me too. A nice idea wonderfully executed. The creature is suitable creepy and the environment is fantastically well realised. 

01 Nov 2023 18:28 - 01 Nov 2023 18:29 #47823 by Valence
And a vote for Banj must be added. :stare:

A wonderfully gruesome and slimy creature that I would be proud to run away from. :)
It has a lovely solidity and crispness to it (those things that I always like to see in the work of others) and those gooey drips really add to the grossness of it all. The texture in the background does a great job of providing a context and space in a way that's still subtle enough to not overwhelm the presentation of the creature.
And great work on the wings! They have a believable blur and motion to them and yet somehow I can still see and understand the detail and structure within them. It's a very effective technique and a clever use of whatever tool was involved. :hmm:

A Vote!
For Banj!

10 Nov 2023 14:22 #47897 by Banj
Voting is well and truly over *counts slowly on fingers* Which means that Valence is this months winner. Congratulations Valence 

10 Nov 2023 15:24 #47899 by Charlotte

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

10 Nov 2023 18:00 #47904 by Valence