May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

CGAN Oct 23 - Creatures of the Night - WIPs

01 Oct 2023 11:17 #47314 by Banj
Creatures of the Night

Brief:
It is October and time for a Halloweeny theme of terrifying terror and horrifying fear, possibly caused by painting hands and feet, who knows? Create an image of the dark things that lurk in the... erm, darkness. Vampires, werewolves, ghosts and ghouls, or something else from your own warped mind.

Deadline: Midnight on Tuesday the 31st of October. 

This thread is where you post your WIPs (works in progress). Finals should be posted over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...-night-final-entries

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
- All challenge entries must be your own work.
- You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
- Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
- No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
- Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
- Deadline is given in UK time (midnight UTC) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
- Each member may cast one vote.
- No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Oct 2023 13:41 #47318 by Charlotte

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

08 Oct 2023 08:20 #47374 by Charlotte
I haven't actually started yet, and I'm not sure I can tear myself away from Skyrim long enough to finish anything but I did dig out an old unfinished drawing (I think it's from 1995) that I might use as a starting point. It's part owl, after all, which is a creature of the night. I was reminded of it when I saw one of CGmythology's pieces a while back, so I guess it wasn't too far back in my mind when I started counting those creatures off on my fingers.... Moths, bats, loris, owls etc :) 

Attachments:

08 Oct 2023 10:32 #47376 by Charlotte
Of course it would be much easier to finish something if I could remember how to start... :dry:
(and maybe I should go for something else as all my scribbles so far makes me think of Banj's picture from last month...)

08 Oct 2023 11:50 #47377 by Banj
(wiggles ears)

08 Oct 2023 11:56 #47378 by Charlotte

23 Oct 2023 23:14 #47720 by Valence
The other day I tried sketching out some ideas in an attempt to do a kind of night-vison image with a creepy thing caught on one of those infrared wildlife cameras...

I have managed to get a little further along with it through some tablet-based finger painting but that file isn't saved on my PC. :shrug:
Progress is still slow for various reasons but I'll keep going with it just in case I accidentally finish it. :)
Attachments:

24 Oct 2023 00:13 #47721 by Banj
I like the idea  I have had numerous starts that went nowhere, so hopefully I will get something done for this within the next few days 

24 Oct 2023 07:25 #47722 by Charlotte
I was doodling during a webinar at work and it turned out a bit freaky but I still haven't installed my tablet on the new computer so I'm not sure I'll get anywhere with that idea...

24 Oct 2023 11:59 - 24 Oct 2023 12:00 #47726 by Valence
I've been having some annoyances with my PC tablet too. Ever since a recent Windows update the pen-tab.exe has been giving me an occasional runtime error on start-up and last night Windows decided to open up the tablet settings while I was gaming. :blink:
Behave yourself, Windows! :stare: