April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

19 Aug 2021 19:52 #36074 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
Ah. I could hardly make out what he was saying.... and I don't recognise him from anywhere. But RIP nevertheless.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Aug 2021 18:22 #36163 by Charlotte
Rant coming up...

There's not enough to watch on Netflix and/or TV.

The games I'm currently playing are totally stupid and annoying, yet I can't seem to bring myself to just uninstall them. ("strange, the birds flew away when we arrived. Something must have scared them." - well, duh. But no, it's a sick alligator in a pond. "I watched a blog yesterday - I know how to make medicine for it". *eyeroll* Plus the usual, walk two steps, run out of energy, wait an hour, walk two steps, run out.... etc)

I've tried finding some place to text-roleplay, but I don't like anything I see. It's all anime characters and people's one favourite fantasy that they wanna play over and over in different settings. Hardly anyone cares for world building or creating something original or making the characters specifically for that story. Plus everyone is like "u have te be god at grammer or is no deal".

Decided to maybe try to just create my won little setting and write down something, or maybe get back to that other story I do remember trying to write down ages ago. Seems I never saved it. And I STILL (after like 25 years) wish I had a word processor that used tabs like excel. But I can't find one....

And while I adore them both, Merlin is driving me crazy by never being quiet and Gandalf interrupts every coherent thought by jumping up and plonking down on my desk as soon as I feel like I know what I'm doing.

And yes I feel exceptionally annoyed and frustrated and bored. *sigh*

24 Aug 2021 18:44 #36164 by Charlotte
...and it's quiet.... here (and on Aywas)

24 Aug 2021 18:48 #36165 by Charlotte
*will try MemPad*
It seems an "outliner" might be what I want... I had found a list of such before ranting, above, but had promptly forgotten because Gandalf. Again. Most seem to be pay for, or for phones, web only, whatever. I just bloody want something to write something with, on my PC. :stare:

24 Aug 2021 18:54 #36166 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random

24 Aug 2021 18:56 #36167 by Charlotte
Is that at me or for me? :dry:

24 Aug 2021 19:02 #36168 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
maybe both 

24 Aug 2021 19:05 #36169 by Charlotte
:blush:

I'll go hide now :(

:hmm:
seeing as my left hand is currently a pillow for Gandalf I guess I'll hide nearby. Under his fluff, maybe.

24 Aug 2021 19:18 #36170 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
Your games sound weird. :lol:

And I remember wanting to write. I decided I would only start when I had found the right app. I still have loads installed on my tablet: Jota, Jotterpad, Monospace... CeltX and Dubscript for writing in screenplay format... another app for writing and arranging cards and finally an all in one outliner, organizer and editor called Novelist.

And... I've never used any of them. :oops:
No, I take that back. I do use Jota cos it's a nice Android text editor. :)

24 Aug 2021 19:21 #36171 by Charlotte
Are any of those for PC as well? I've started fiddling with Mempad and it's OK but kind of dull. It's really simple, so no pics and no making one word bold or italics. You can opt to have ALL the text on an entire page (I guess it's meant for short pages) bold, or underlines or strike-through-ed. Whatever the point of that would be.