April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

24 Aug 2021 19:33 #36172 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
Was gonna say Scrivener as I remember everyone mentioning that when I used to be bothered with this but it's a paid for thingy. A bit of googling suggests yWriter as a free alternative outliner. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Aug 2021 19:36 #36173 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
Yeah I saw Scrivener and considered trying it out. But if I DID like it, it wasn't free, so. Will look up yWriter. Haven't seen that mentioned.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

24 Aug 2021 19:41 #36174 by Valence
Also when I was obsessed with putting off writing I would often spend my time procrastinating over on Reddit where there are quite a few communities for this stuff, like  r/Writing  or  r/Worldbuilding . Then you can waste your time reading about not writing instead of just not writing. :lol:

24 Aug 2021 19:47 #36175 by Charlotte
Eh. I try to stay away from Reddit. Mostly.

But I will download yWriter. It seems OK, although I can't tell if it can make bold text etc either. Though as it's made by an author I would assume you can format the text a bit.... :dry:

11 Sep 2021 15:58 #36545 by Valence
I'm getting increasingly annoyed by the invasion of those scuttling big-as-your-hand spiders. :angry:
I've had to catch at leat one every day this week and one evening I was harrassed by three at the same time. :argh:

Stay out of the house, spiders! :stare:

11 Sep 2021 16:04 #36546 by Charlotte
:blink:
Big as you hand? :argh:

11 Sep 2021 16:14 #36547 by Valence
Thankfully it's only the long legs that make them that big but any size of spider is too big for me.

25 Sep 2021 17:05 - 25 Sep 2021 17:06 #36804 by Charlotte
After an embarrassing moment where I couldn't pay for my meds without logging into my bank account and transferring funds (lucky us living in this day of technological wonders) I decided to go through my finances.

I reached the conclusion that I spend about twice as much on food & household articles each month, compared to what I actually have available to spend. That's after I've discounted all regular costs of living and subscriptions and cats and the car and whatnot. But not including costs for meds and health care. And if I did spend half as much on food.... I might end up starving. (That said, I could probably save quite a bit if I could bring myself to cook more often.... :whistle:

:(
I could use that well paid, super-interesting, great new job, right about now. :dry:

EDIT: I also read everything I write, in Hiccup's voice. :dry:

25 Sep 2021 17:20 #36806 by Valence
Cats are expensive. :confident:

25 Sep 2021 17:37 #36807 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
Goes to quote something in Charlotte's post... finds that Charlotte did something weird to her post that breaks the editor and makes it impossible to quote or read the contents at all, can't even open it in source view.