April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

09 Jul 2021 15:09 #35695 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
And just to prove that some of it did end up on the paper, here is my first Real inky effort.
It is just a copy of someone else's work because I still have no idea what I'm doing with this. :dumb:

I didn't quite get the hatched midtone effect that I wanted but I was pleased with the intensity of the blacks. Not sure it comes across on the photo but it seems much darker than the blacks in my acrylic paintings.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Aug 2021 09:23 #35831 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
Apparently there's a new ArtRage.... ArtRage Vitae - allowing you to create paintings twice as fast! Not sure how they can improve my workflow just like that? :dumb: Also you can share your canvas with a friend and paint together which seems like it would be fun to try. Once. :dry:

I'm not sure if this is separate from the normal ArtRage or the latest version, though... :S

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

05 Aug 2021 11:15 #35833 by Valence
I think it's been out for a few weeks now. It's just an update of the mobile app. Usually mobile updates are free but for this one they packaged all the changes into a new app with a new name so that you had to pay for it again. Which is a bit cheeky. :dry:

I have the Android version from before they changed the name and I never really use it. It's far too slow and still doesn't have the features of the desktop version. So I continue to use ArtFlow for all my finger painting. :)

05 Aug 2021 11:24 #35834 by Valence
...and after looking it up it''s now apparently on PC/Mac too. :dunno:
I just checked on their forum and they don't understand it either. :dumb:

05 Aug 2021 11:29 #35835 by Charlotte
But from now on updates are automatic (and hence free, I would assume). I got an email about it - it doesn't even say it's for mobile... :S It does say you can get it for Windows or Mac (or iOS or whatever the second thing was) which is why I assumed it was the desktop version.
*looks again*
It does say windows and MacApp store and I can get a pre-release 50% upgrade discount, so it looks like this is the desktop version? It's still 40 dollars, though. I'm pretty sure I once upon a time bought the original ArtRage for less. Like 35 dollars... :dry:

I have the month of August to decide. They've added tiling to canvases which would be convenient, especially now I'm doing 3D stuff again... :hmm:

05 Aug 2021 12:01 - 05 Aug 2021 12:03 #35836 by Valence
Just checked (again) and the mobile Vitae app has been out for three months so I guess it's just the Desktop thing that's "New". :shrug:
I don't know why they have to change the way they release things. It's all very confusing for old people. :lol:

05 Aug 2021 13:28 - 05 Aug 2021 13:30 #35845 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
According to the Windows Store, the release date for Vitae was yesterday, the 4th of August. Not sure I see the point of an inbuilt messaging system. It would be nice if they clarified what the purpose of this thing is before expecting people to spend $40 or so on it. 

And the email say upgrade discount, which would imply it is a direct replacement for ArtRage (the main one, not the lite one, or the mobile one, or the free mobile one, or the other one). 

05 Aug 2021 13:50 #35846 by Charlotte
After lurking about on the ArtRage forum (which seems fairly active - I wonder why I*ve never bothered with it?) it seems Vitae IS #7.1.1 - it also seems there are some bugs they need to iron out... :dry:

05 Aug 2021 13:54 #35847 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
Meanwhile their website is still promoting the sale of Artrage 6 

05 Aug 2021 13:56 - 05 Aug 2021 13:58 #35848 by Charlotte
That's because they're not officially selling artRage 7/Vitae until late August, I think... :dry: But it IS a bit confusing...

EDIT: And I'm not sure what I think about having an ugrade discount that only lasts a month. Usually people who already have a product always pay less than new buyers, don't they? (Except for Guild Wars2 :shakefist:)