April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN July 2017 - Random II

25 Jul 2017 08:34 #17103 by Dragon6261
wip(This enough breast for you, hey atto......)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jul 2017 10:32 #17104 by Charlotte
Some good advice from Atto there :)
Dragon, I know you like 'em big, but I personally like the boobs better now. When they're so extremely big as they were they kind of become a part of the story all on their own, and I'm not sure what story they were telling before :P

Val, I didn't think of it before Atto said it but it IS creepy (and a cool idea) for the viewer to be the ghost! I also agree that maybe we'd see like a millimeter or two less of the tip of the nose? And maybe a hint of the golden chain on his shoulder, right at the edge of the pic... maybe. If it could be done without calling too much attention to it.

Atto - looking forward to how you handle all those colours :) Currently it's a bit too much "half 'n half" so I'm happy to hear you'll add some to the right side of the pic as well :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

25 Jul 2017 11:16 #17105 by Dragon6261
Any size will do, I like them small and I like them big

25 Jul 2017 13:40 #17109 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic CGAN July 2017 - Random II
Thanks for the feedback.

I've been having that nose argument with myself for the past seven days and keep wasting my time painting it in and out like the Hokey Cokey. When it's in it looks odd and when it's out it doesn't even look like a face any more.
I have done this kind of reflected pose once before for an acrylic painting (although that was a female and the softer forms were easier to do) and one thing I remember is that the ear really helps to make the shapes believable so I haven't helped myself by covering it up with the long hair. :(

I am working from a couple of refs I found online plus one 3d app screenshot but I can't really copy them too accurately because they don't look like the guy I painted in the mirror. :lol: So it will probably end up being a bit of a fudge.
I'm happy to ignore it at the moment though as I'm trying to put the blooded sword in, I was going to have two (real and mirrored) but the picture is a little to busy down there as it is so I think I'll just settle for the reflection. Then I'll get back to that face with fresher eyes and a better plan. :)

26 Jul 2017 14:30 #17114 by Dragon6261
wip 5 days left!!!!
Attachments:

26 Jul 2017 22:40 #17115 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic CGAN July 2017 - Random II
Think I'm nearly done. I may get time in the last few hours of the challenge to put a little spit and polish on it but I'm gonna have to live with entering an unfinished piece again. Ho-hum.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments: