April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN July 2017 - Random II

13 Jul 2017 13:57 #16979 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic CGAN July 2017 - Random II
Thanks, Mr S. :)

I'm not liking the skin tones either at this stage. I initially wanted some blue light coming from the right but that has gone away somewhat and I'm still trying to find the right mood, but candlelight does sound like a good idea. I'll give it a go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jul 2017 23:08 #17016 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic CGAN July 2017 - Random II
A little more from me. Been spending a bit of time figuring out the other elements (now hidden) and trying to decide how I mix the film noir effect I want with all those harsh neon lights of the film. Think I may have figured it now with the help of a ref image I found with a very similar feel to what I'm going for.

Ref image:

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

16 Jul 2017 00:04 #17018 by Valence
That sounds great, Atto.
Looking forward to seeing this one work out.

20 Jul 2017 23:59 #17065 by Atto
Not sure I'm heading in the right direction with this one or whether it's at that neither here nor there stage right now. Please crit away it would help me massively.

Attachments:

21 Jul 2017 12:30 #17072 by Dragon6261
wip random. I know some 3d and some aint 3d. I know, I know. I aint got use to my tablet, so
Attachments:

21 Jul 2017 17:57 #17079 by Dragon6261
Random wip6
added some things with corel paintshop
Attachments:

21 Jul 2017 21:09 #17080 by Valence
Nice work Dragon. I'm liking the clouds and the transparent figure with the stars showing through.
I think I would move the moon up more towards the top corner, at the moment it distracts from the figure's head.
The magic from the hands looks good too.

Atto, you're doing well controlling all those vivid colours, I'd be panicking with all that saturation. :lol:
Will you be adding any more colour on the right side of the figure? Just a little touch of subtle light will balance the picture nicely.

Well, mine's going horribly. And I've discovered that my new least favourite thing is the back 3/4 view of a head. I have not been having fun with it, as you can see. I probably would have ditched this if it wasn't for a challenge; it still looks terribly sketchy and I can't imagine that improving but I'll keep going. :)

Attachments:

21 Jul 2017 22:35 #17083 by Dragon6261
Valence , it looks good, I would say you have won the challenge!!!!!
Valence you mean like this
Attachments:

24 Jul 2017 18:53 #17101 by Dragon6261
wip8
Attachments:

25 Jul 2017 00:12 #17102 by Atto
Thanks Val, yeah I'm going to add just some blue light above that shoulder to show the figures silhouette a little. These saturated colours are making me nervous too but I promised myself I would try a saturated image to try and face that fear.

Dragon: That sky looks wonderful and the repositioning of the moon looks much better. I would like to see some more work on that gateway though. Is it concave or convex? Does its borders bleed out into the night sky? It just looks a little flat right now.
And on a personal note your characters breasts do look a little large right now. Remember:

"Any more than a handful and you're risking a sprained tongue" - Weird Science - 1985. ;)

Val: That's a hard one to call with such a nightmare angle on the head. I think you're pretty close but would we see that much (or any) of the nose? Can you get someone to pose for you? I've looked at doing reflections for a few challenges before but without a VERY accurate ref I wouldn't even attempt it.
What really disturbs me (in a good way) about yours right now is the dead persons reflection in the mirror is exactly where the viewers reflection would be. Thats really unnerving me. Nice expression on the kings face too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence