April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN July 2017 - Random II

04 Jul 2017 16:17 #16813 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic CGAN July 2017 - Random II
lol - I was going to keep that under my hat but yeah it'll be in there somewhere!

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jul 2017 16:23 #16815 by Charlotte

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

04 Jul 2017 20:48 #16825 by Atto
Rick Deckard is the character Harrison Ford plays in Bladerunner Charlotte. The unicorn is a motif that appears constantly during the movie and represents a number of themes that underlie the main story line. In all but one instance it appears as an origami unicorn made by a character called Gaff played by Edward James Olmos. While I'm here the glass will be featured as the iconic tumbler and bottle of Johnnie Walker Deckard buys and guilty is hopefully be portrayed by the main characters difficulty in coming to terms with the replicants he 'retires'.

Nerd rant over! ;)

04 Jul 2017 21:02 #16827 by Charlotte
Ah... I'm afraid Blade Runner is one of those movies all nerds should have seen but I have completely missed. Probably due to confusing Blade Runner with the Blade movies when I was younger, and thinking I'd already seen it... :blush:

04 Jul 2017 21:27 #16829 by Atto
I did a number of (very ill advised) studies on it while at university only to find out my lecturer had been quoted as saying:
"If I see one more study of Bladerunner quoting it as the birth of post-modernist architecture I'm quitting!"
:whistle:
So I'm a little more nerdy than most. But I do recommend it even if it's just to keep up with the ref's and in preperation to the new movie coming out later this year (which looks awesome by the way).

05 Jul 2017 09:52 #16833 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic CGAN July 2017 - Random II

:?

The "Director's Cut" and Final Cut versions of the film include a dream sequence that shows a Unicorn running through a forest. It was an unused shot taken from Ridley Scott's later film Legend. That's why I quoted Legend and said Unicorn.

05 Jul 2017 09:56 #16834 by Charlotte
ah, well I do remember the unicorns in Legend. :)

06 Jul 2017 18:08 #16918 by Dragon6261
Random wip
Attachments:

12 Jul 2017 19:58 #16969 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic CGAN July 2017 - Random II
Some unconvincing nonsense from me....

Even though they may be randomly selected, pretty much every word in this brief made me think of one thing: Macbeth. So I thought I'd try something with that kind of theme to it.

So here's a KING looking into some kind of MAGIC mirror and seeing, reflected in the GLASS, the ghostly figure of the person he killed (or perhaps will kill in the future) leading to his GUILTY expression.
I eventually want to have a sword in the bottom right with blood only on the reflection.
I'm rather worried by the non-reflected King. Those over-the-shoulder angles are hard to get right so I may need some specific reference.

Attachments:

13 Jul 2017 13:33 - 13 Jul 2017 13:55 #16977 by Mr. Sabrosito

Some unconvincing nonsense from me....

Even though they may be randomly selected, pretty much every word in this brief made me think of one thing: Macbeth. So I thought I'd try something with that kind of theme to it.

So here's a KING looking into some kind of MAGIC mirror and seeing, reflected in the GLASS, the ghostly figure of the person he killed (or perhaps will kill in the future) leading to his GUILTY expression.
I eventually want to have a sword in the bottom right with blood only on the reflection.
I'm rather worried by the non-reflected King. Those over-the-shoulder angles are hard to get right so I may need some specific reference.

This is looking really nice sir, i don't know why , but this has like a game of throneish and cinematic vibe to me. One thing i want to point out is that i think you're using too much pure white for the skin highlights, it obviously should be lighter but not pure white, try some candle light yellowish color and add some light purples to the eye area instead of that brownish color you have , also be careful with the dark areas, you're using a color too close to pure black for the darker areas . I'm sure if you check this out it will look even more natural and realistic.

also, to make him pop out, put a candle stand on his back , paint the candle stand reflection on the mirror and add a rim light to his reflection , it should look fantastic with that.