April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN October 2016 - Disaster! The Movie - WIPS

03 Oct 2016 20:10 #14664 by kazky
My post got cut short again! Micro we do have VIP theatres but none near me :( they sound awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Oct 2016 20:50 #14665 by Atto
We have VIP screens near me and they are expensive but well worth the extra money (I saw all 3 LOTR movies back to back in one about 3 years ago) the problem I have with them is that we all seem to be catering to what I call the lowest common denominator. That is we are paying more money because the worst behaviour is now seen as the 'norm' and acceptable. Why should I pay more just to avoid these ignorant and arrogant movie goers?

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

03 Oct 2016 22:05 #14666 by kazky
Absolutely agree Atto, what is becoming the 'norm' is unacceptable to most people but it seems to be winning :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

03 Oct 2016 22:30 #14668 by Digital Dave
I agree with pretty much everything written here. I stopped going to theaters many years ago for the same sad reasons. ... And yes, it was usually the younger crowds, but surely not limited to just them! Apparently some of the younger crowd simply grow up to be even bigger Asses! :lol: ... Just not worth it to me, especially with prices continuing to get higher and higher and it seems the service get worse.

Like Schizo stated, I too have a couple large screens, and rather enjoy just watching shows/movies at home anymore. ... The snacks cost way less and I can actually stop the movie for any reason, at any time. :) And if anyone happens to get lippy, it's a good chance their related, and I know where they live! :wink:

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

04 Oct 2016 20:31 #14675 by microscopi
Ok, I swear ill be adding some art to this post soon, but the conversation this topic has stirred up is too fun to not discuss!

I think this is the part in movies where the main character realizes that they're old, and crotchety, like that line from the breakfast club, between the principal and the janitor.. :cheer: But honestly, the kids today are almost another species! :blink:

05 Oct 2016 10:17 #14680 by Charlotte
Maybe they're really aliens intent on taking over the world? :ohmy:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

05 Oct 2016 22:05 - 05 Oct 2016 22:09 #14681 by SchizophreniaWolf
My greatest fear for the futur is overpopulation... and especialy because its not the wealthy, well-raised people who make the most babies, its the de-volved degenerates who sometimes even starts at 16 and give there kids a poor, sometimes agressive upbringing. This growing "class" is anti-intelligent and spits on knowledge and will be an unseen destructive force within cities. Save housings in protected neighbourhoods will become very expensive and alot of our "class" won't be able to pay it. I hope in the bottom of my heart that my son will when the time comes. Lets hope the world wakes up and introduces a 2 children limit for all families worldwide before its to late, I think they won't, to be honest. In belgium there are a shitload of muslim families, to name one (not trying to be racist) having more than 4 childern and not all of them with a decent education, daily they damage the reputation of the Islam (if it's not allready shit) with agressive behavior. And what's sickens me the most, child benefits makes it easyer to have alot of kids when you have low standards... so anyway, let's hope I'm wrong :) . So this is going to be the subject for my Disaster Movie poster: overpopulation, going to have to invest some nights into it I guess ;)

11 Oct 2016 00:58 #14700 by Valence
That sounds ambitious and complex, Schizo. Looking forward to seeing how you fit all those ideas into a single image. No doubt it'll be super stylish too. :)

I had a bit of a doodle today and went down a very unoriginal street (yes, I know there are a billion movie posters that look exactly like this! *sigh*)
My predictable brain couldn't get past the image of a tidal wave so I did one looming over a city street with some idiot filming it on their phone.
Oh, and the perspective isn't that bad really, I'm going for one of those tilted horizon pics :lol: but I do hate doing buildings so I don't know how (or if) it'll progress.

Attachments:

11 Oct 2016 12:09 #14703 by Banj

went down a very unoriginal street (yes, I know there are a billion movie posters that look exactly like this! *sigh*)

Originality in movie posters isn't really a thing these days. Most are cashing in on the success of a similar film "Hey, you know that film you really liked? Well this one is more of the same so you should like it just as much please queue here."

Poster cliches: viralscape.com/movie-posters/

(What is ironic about that article is the fact that there are several dozen other websites with an identical article and the same images depicted... pot... kettle... stones and glass houses etc.)

11 Oct 2016 19:31 #14704 by Charlotte
Still kind of a funny page (even if it's in multiple places)... Some things become very gimmicky when you show how often they're used... like the "blind fold type of thing"... But on the other hand... some comparisons were starting to close in on "posters with humans on them" or "posters with big lettering" :side:

I think the american presidential election could be used for this challenge as well :P :cheer: Never mind it was already an inspiration in the Star Spangled B*stard challenge :silly:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.