April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN October 2016 - Disaster! The Movie - WIPS

12 Oct 2016 12:23 #14705 by kazky
Schizo i agree completely. Its worrying

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Oct 2016 16:56 - 12 Oct 2016 16:59 #14706 by microscopi
Schizo, have you read Inferno by Dan Brown ? If you haven't it's ok, it's coming out as a movie soon. It deals with a madman? trying to stop overpopulation.

I've heard the earth only makes enough food for roughly 2 billion people or so, so I can understand why the processed food revoution started. I've also heard overpopulation is a myth, stating the earth has more then enough room for every person on the planet to have their own house..

Also way to go Val, you actually put some art up ! :woohoo: I really like the perspective, and composition already, has a great depth and the wave looks huge when at the top of the page, have to draw your eyes from the character all the way up the wave, nice direction of movement. I read somewhere, there is so much art out there, that it doesn't matter about cliche or stealing ideas, it's still your painting style, your colors, your brushstrokes, your creation, no matter how you got inspired ! :P

12 Oct 2016 20:03 - 12 Oct 2016 20:06 #14707 by SchizophreniaWolf
kazky: If you find your remote spot for you and you animals, will you let me know, we can live there together ;) , I very good at baking cake!!! :cheer:

Micro: Guangzhou, Tianjin, Beijing, São Paulo, Manila, Moscow, Mumbai, Karachi, Istanbul and most of all Shanghai are officialy overpopulated cities, cities with a huge number of people living in poverty. Why do you think al those people live there and not in the middle of nowhere? If you talk about room enough, you are talking about a perfect world where perfect cities just pop out of the ground with jobs for everybody, no matter what class or education. If countries start building new cities from scratch like they tried in China and they succeed in luring people to those cities then maybe overpopulation can be fought. But if the governement doesn't react fast enough than disaster will happen.
How old are the Favelas in Brasil? They started apearing in the late 19th century. Now more then 11.4 million people live in those slums. Rocinha is the largest favela in Brazil, around 250,000 people live in an area of 143.72 ha. It has a population density of 48,000/km2. There are almost no public services or urbanization. I can not imagine how expensive it would be to fix those neighbourhoods... those people will stay there, mutiplying like rabbits, because if they move they have to leave there pile of bricks you can barely call a house and then they have nothing. They can go live in a forrest, because nobody wants those people in there backyard. I don't know where you heard about overpopulation being a myth, Micro. Like always I could be wrong...

12 Oct 2016 20:10 #14708 by SchizophreniaWolf
Micro: A and thx for the tip, idd Inferno looks like a must see. Sadly I'm not good at reading books.

12 Oct 2016 21:18 - 12 Oct 2016 21:41 #14709 by kazky
Schizo when i find that island you're invited :). I actually have genuine plans to get away from it all though, hopefully by next year. I currently work to pay the mortgage and bills, thats it, theres no spare money, i work for a house.
My husband is self employed and his trade can pay well, but over the last few years he's been out of work more than working. Hopefully he'l get a contract soon that will give him a good year of solid work to pay some debts. Then i intend to sell up. I've had enough of the rat race, i want to get a simpler life. So i'm looking to get a narrowboat built and then liveaboard and see nature and solitude. I'm in the lucky position that i have equity in my house that should get me a decent boat, a small used motorhome and a bit in the bank. Its much cheaper living on a boat and cruising the canals, it takes years.
I guess it sounds a bit radical & Its not something that many would choose to do, but after researching, it sounds an amazing way of life, hard but very rewarding. I think if i can retire now, 12 years before the government says i can, then surely its got to improve my life. I don't need all the possessions, they just tie me to a job. I need freedom to enjoy the life i've got, who knows how long any of us have on this earth. So i think an adventure is for me now.

I heard the story of the fisherman years ago and its always stuck with me. Heres a similar take on the story. If you can be bothered give it a read. paulocoelhoblog.com/2015/09/04/the-fishe...and-the-businessman/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 Oct 2016 20:26 - 13 Oct 2016 21:59 #14711 by SchizophreniaWolf
Kazky: It doesn't matter how it sounds, if the enviroment hurts you it's just an act of survival, and paying bills isn't survival, you mearly become part of a system, something that works for those in power. To them you are replaceable so they don't care about the individual. Whatever. I can't run, because I have a child, if he ever comes to me when he is 20 and tells me he's going to the jungle to go live a real life I would kiss him on both cheeks.

first version of my Disaster! poster, I thought about keeping it simple, but grafical for the impact.

oops i made a mistake, I'll fix it later
Attachments:

14 Oct 2016 09:32 #14714 by kazky
yeah my kids are 26 & 28 so i am officially free :)

love the tagline Schizo, looking good

14 Oct 2016 19:43 #14717 by Valence
That's a striking design, Schizo. The anguished expressions look great and the yin-yang style of symmetry is perfect for an eye-catching poster.

Sadly no update from me, although there should have been. Annoyingly I lost two hours of work today thanks to a foolish little accident (all my own stupid fault.) And it was two hours of really boring work, boring work that I'll have to do all over again next week; all fiddly perspective, brickwork and windows.
I hate buildings! :( I'll be glad when that big wave destroys them all! :evil:

20 Oct 2016 00:24 #14732 by Kodabble
Well I was thinking :? of the presidential debate that will happen tonight, here in the good old USA and an idea hit me.
So game over; I have the idea for the ultimate disaster movie poster. :X
Anyway first WIP (Coming to a country near you) :silly:

Attachments:

20 Oct 2016 08:54 #14733 by kazky
great idea and great likeness kodabble!

Val, get that wave started :D