March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGAN October 2016 - Disaster! The Movie - WIPS

20 Oct 2016 20:32 #14739 by Valence
Excellent start, Kodabble, and both portraits are recognisable already.:envy: I particularly like Trumpzilla! :lol:
I really struggle with Trump. I've tried to do him five or six times but it never works and always gets abandoned. (If only the real thing could be abandoned so easily!)
Looking forward to watching this while my own picture grinds to a halt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Oct 2016 22:49 #14744 by Valence
Still hate doing buildings!
But after all those wasted hours I think I've got the framework set in. I'll now have to make those windows look a little less flat. It'll then be a rush to get the foreground done but at least I'll be able to cover some of it with the title text. :)

Attachments:

26 Oct 2016 11:57 #14746 by Charlotte
I think you've managed the buildings quite well - the bases (ground floors) are not quite done I see but the walls and windows look fine to me. Windows are supposed to be flat you know, most of the time ;)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

26 Oct 2016 12:21 #14747 by kazky
Ooh loving this val! Looks great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

28 Oct 2016 22:35 - 28 Oct 2016 22:38 #14752 by Valence
Almost done with this.
It still looks too sketchy to my eyes, I'd prefer a bit more realism for a movie poster but time and talent (and lack thereof) put a stop to that idea. :) And I wish I could've populated the street with more cars/people but.... :shrug:

I shall use deadline day next week to clean up an edge or two and rummage around my font folder to find something suitable for a disaster movie as I'm not sure Trajan would work. Or maybe it would!! :lol:

Attachments:

29 Oct 2016 13:28 #14756 by Charlotte
It might just be me but it seems the bases of the buildings on the left side aren't quite following the samew perspective as the above floors? Not sure...

That person with the cell phone makes me go "when you thought stupid couldn't get worse" :P

29 Oct 2016 21:50 #14757 by Digital Dave
Looking good, but as Charlotte stated, the main entrance to the building immediately left does appear to be at a different angle than the windows located above.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

29 Oct 2016 23:14 #14761 by Valence
Thank you for your eyes, both of you. I'll have another fiddle before the deadline.
I did actually make a 3d model to help me get the perspective right but it's still far too easy to botch it up. :) The naive design of that doorway doesn't help either, I think it might be better (and quicker) to just use a full row of pillars.

Then it'll be typography time! Yay! (said with irony.) I do wish I could understand all that GHOTMS stuff.

30 Oct 2016 08:49 #14762 by Charlotte
Go Home Or To My Sofa :?

30 Oct 2016 14:16 #14764 by Digital Dave
Get High On Top Mountain Soon? :dry:

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D