April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN April 2016 - Discworld - WIPs

07 Apr 2016 16:41 #13655 by Atto
Thanks Micro but that was just for fun....the real thing will be more like a DVD cover I think. That way I can use a script similar to the Lord of the Rings title to bring that element into the name.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Apr 2016 22:17 #13658 by Atto
So just throwing down some basic forms and composition.

Attachments:

07 Apr 2016 22:21 - 07 Apr 2016 22:23 #13659 by segujo
Some more work...

Hehe... Cool idea Atto! xD
Edit: There was Another post with a real one I didn't see... :) Nice!!

it will be exciting to see what happens with the other entries.

i hope to learn painting landscapes like Micro..

Cherry I was thinking of adding a book too... can I have one of yours? xD I like the hand so far. Looks promising
Attachments:

08 Apr 2016 18:04 #13661 by Atto
Working into the detail way to early again. I think I may add in an ocean scene in the background with one eyed Willy's pirate ship but being propelled by lots of little feet like Rincewinds chest.

Attachments:

08 Apr 2016 20:19 #13662 by microscopi
Val i'll have to check out a lot apparently on youtube! I won't even ask wtf Hogfather and Going Postal is but Going Postal reminds me of that Falling Down movie with Michael Douglas. Which they should definitely do a remake of !!! :woohoo:

Atto looking awesome so far. All the character designs are great, love the expressions, keep it going ! :woohoo:

Segujo the tree and detail of the witch are looking really great so far, you would definitely be good at landscapes with the textures you can create with that tree. :woohoo:

Just working up the texture and detail on mine too.

Attachments:

08 Apr 2016 20:36 #13663 by microscopi
Here's a different path for the water. Hmmm

Attachments:

09 Apr 2016 00:19 #13665 by Valence
Segujo: I love both the character and texture you've got in that tree and the roots add the right kind of foundation and perspective to the whole picture.

Micro: Lovely sparkle to the water and such a variety of colour to the shine! And the zigzag path works better.

Atto: The character montage has exactly the kind of style you would want for the cover/poster look. The Pratchett-lookalike Rincewind is a nice, poignant touch and the big foreshortened hand is great fun.

I had a bit of a doodle today and came up with old Cohen The Barbarian having a bit of a rest...

...I'm not entirely sure if I'll stick with this one but I'll give it another bit of work next week to see what happens. But I'll have to find some reference for that right-side hand/arm. Time to google "Back Pain" I think! :)
Attachments:

10 Apr 2016 11:25 #13667 by segujo

Love the barbarian!!
Nice Lighting. really cool pose.
Attachments:

10 Apr 2016 15:29 #13668 by microscopi
Hey Val, I am seriously digging that character too, cool design! :woohoo: Funny to see him use the sword to lean on, or a cane, no way he can lift that! :lol:

Segujo, yours is really coming together quickly, lots of detail and the lines and shading are so clean so far, awesome. And it's just in black and white ! :woohoo:

I'm struggling with liking mine, I know where I want to go with it but I can't get there yet ! :ohmy:

10 Apr 2016 18:52 #13670 by Charlotte
There's more life left in old Cohen than you might think. Ocassionally.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.