March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGAN April 2016 - Discworld - WIPs

20 Apr 2016 17:37 #13701 by microscopi
Haha well i'm back safe beyond the wall! :woohoo: Lukily I had time to work on this last night before jet lag set in B) I hope it give it more depth what I was going for in my first idea.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Apr 2016 09:43 #13705 by microscopi
Attachments:

24 Apr 2016 22:54 #13707 by segujo
hi guys!

lucky you could cross back home... but mexico does not sound that bad either... ;)
sweden is kind of still waiting for that real spring... it has actually been snowing in the weekend... :P

I got kind of stuck in the painting... i've putting quite some hours but nothing really happens. :/

Some subtile colors...

Speaking of which...
i really like your colors Micro!

Atto's Picture looks fine also.
Lighting looks real!
Attachments:

25 Apr 2016 13:33 #13708 by Valence
Segujo: The colour application has worked really well in your pic, it's much better than I could have done. Really subtle and well controlled.
The picture does look very dark on my screens. Check out the levels/histogram, you may want to just nudge the middle arrow a bit to bring out those lovely midtone details that you've worked so hard on.

Micro: I really like the way you've used saturation in your colours. It's giving the image a nice impressionist feel to the distant landscape that contrasts well against the darker silhouetted foreground.