April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN April 2016 - Discworld - WIPs

10 Apr 2016 23:05 #13673 by segujo

Now weekend is gone soo... probably no more updates in a while...
but it's been really fun to draw again so... maybe I can't keep away... :P

Plan is to add some more 'things' (like the stones and books) and then get out of the Comfort zone and add some colors.... :-0
Scary!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Apr 2016 00:07 #13674 by Valence
Segujo: That's really coming to life with the deeper values! There's an impressive and convincing sense of space around the witch that makes the whole scene believable.

And you're gonna colour the grayscale at the end!? Terrifying! :ohmy: Good luck with that. If it gets too scary then you can always backtrack and give it a sepia tone.

Micro: Keep at it! You often take long winding journeys (just like that water) but you always get to where you want to go. ;)

12 Apr 2016 08:51 #13677 by microscopi

There's more life left in old Cohen than you might think. Ocassionally.

I do actually see some small pipes there! ;)

Looking awesome Seq, lots of shading and detail, you can always add a separate color layer to add colors without losing all the rest! :woohoo:

Thanks Val, I think i'm going to keep things more simple.

12 Apr 2016 08:52 #13678 by microscopi
Attachments:

13 Apr 2016 19:51 #13679 by Valence
There's some nice aerial perspective in that new pic, micro.

Done a bit more on mine...

I'm not enjoying my efforts at doing hands. :nope:
Attachments:

13 Apr 2016 20:26 #13680 by microscopi
Ahh nice muscle tone, now it's more believable he would be able to wield that sword :woohoo: :P The detail is looking awesome as always Val, I think the left hand seems a bit thin and elongated and the right hand a bit too large in comparsion to his head, but otherwise looking great so far! :woohoo:

Done a bit more on mine too but the ground is aweful so far.

Attachments:

14 Apr 2016 06:03 #13683 by segujo
Rather small Changes... adjusted some values... struggled with hands (totally know what you mean Val)... tried to add some more details but it only ended up with some mushrooms... :P

Agree w Val... nice atmospheric depth Micro! :)
As for the motiv I Think I like the previous idea a Little better. But the deveopment might prove me wrong! :)

The barbarian is coming along nice. I love your color scheme.

Watch the front leg... it seems like the calf is bend inwards instead of outwards if you know what I mean. :)

Attachments:

15 Apr 2016 22:01 - 15 Apr 2016 22:02 #13684 by Atto
Some more of this kind of stuff.....

Need to drop that pirate ship down the left hand side and work up the BG some more before I continue on the detail but I keep getting pulled into them.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

16 Apr 2016 03:08 #13686 by microscopi

Agree w Val... nice atmospheric depth Micro! :)
As for the motiv I Think I like the previous idea a Little better. But the deveopment might prove me wrong! :)

Thanks Seg, I think i've figured out my ideas sometimes get too adventurous, and I get stuck trying to work in all the details. Kept it simple this time to change it up, but it is working for me so far, I hope ! :P

Atto, don't worry about the background, the characters are the centerpoint anyway and they all look awesome, in that they have very real expressions and details. The wizard looks the best but he should as he's the focal point. Keep it coming! :woohoo:

Everyones pic is looking so great this month, very cool ! I'm in Mexico and forgot to bring my tablet so won't be able to update anytime soon, but I will be back to make the end of month deadline. I never thought I would go to Mexico, but I must say Playa Del Toro is pretty nice!!! :woohoo: B)

16 Apr 2016 13:40 #13691 by Valence
Mexico? Hope you get back home before Donald Trump builds that wall! :lol: That really is a deadline for you!