May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

CGAN Sept. 2014 Challenge - The Wrath of Kat - WIP

09 Sep 2014 06:20 #6033 by CherryGraphics
Sorry guys, haven't been here for a while... :/

good start kodable :) I would be afraid if I would met this kitty. :D

hopefully next month there will be a - for me - better theme, something I really understand and get a feeling on it. :D

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Sep 2014 07:22 #6034 by rorke
Attachments:

09 Sep 2014 12:38 - 09 Sep 2014 12:39 #6038 by em...
Is it worth showing the previous related challenge winners?

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlotte

09 Sep 2014 13:48 #6042 by SchizophreniaWolf
em... : I find it very helpfull, thx

09 Sep 2014 20:57 - 09 Sep 2014 20:58 #6067 by Domtopia
Did you use the actor's actual faces in these em...?

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

10 Sep 2014 01:00 #6073 by microscopi
Rorke, that is looking great, really love the colors.

10 Sep 2014 07:27 #6075 by rorke
Thanks micro - so I take it this is kinda just an em style challenge. Getting the feeling I should just quit while I'm ahead rather not have to start over in a different style if thats what it will mean to qualify as a winner. Just want to work in my own style - Oh well use it for something else. Good luck with the challenge peeps.

10 Sep 2014 07:40 #6078 by Charlotte
It's not an "em-style" challenge. Em happened to win two previous challenges on the theme and yes I tried to copy his style in mine, but that was for practice reasons, not because it had to be done. Em posted the previous winning entries to give those who weren't around for those challenges an idea of what we'rer referring back to, but you're always allowed to paint in your own style. (Unless we explicitly ask for something like "manga" or "Frazetta style" or some such)

Besides, the current challenge is for an enemy of the previously painted crew so it makes sense for it to not "blend in" too much with the other entries. At least that's my opinion.

So, in short, the theme (star trek birds) is the red thread, not the painting style.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

10 Sep 2014 07:54 #6081 by rorke
Still I get the feeling there is a preference...SOooo kinda scared off- I'll just wait and see what October holds. Its usually good because its a Halloween related challenge anyways --- which is something that gets me pretty excited...soo. Yeah.
I have something else I can turn the body into for a different project so I'm not too brocken up about it.

10 Sep 2014 09:24 #6085 by SchizophreniaWolf
I'm not so crazy about the challenge myself, but for me it's a challenge to make a paint that fits the original paints perfectly. I think it's good to be able to do different styles on demand. I work for a 3D-computer animation company, and make designs for a lot of different clients and I can't always choose my own style. But anyway, I do understand what you mean rorke.

Its is a sketch I did yesterday, I don't know if this is what its going to be for me, I just thought it would be funny to do a parody of a star wars- villain.

The story is that all the birds laughed him in his early years because he was so small and he couldn't catch them. But then he went :evil: ...
Attachments: