April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN July 2014 Challenge - The Big Ad Job - WIPs

13 Jul 2014 04:35 - 13 Jul 2014 04:38 #2422 by mute827

WIP 1
Might add a sci-fi element to the other side. Seems to be the way people are going.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jul 2014 04:37 #2423 by mute827
Attachments:

13 Jul 2014 10:44 #2447 by Charlotte
It's certainly looking intriguing, mute! :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

13 Jul 2014 10:49 #2450 by Domtopia
Mute: Nice work there dude. Looks really grimy! I think a splash of colour would look good, like a splash of scarlet in the title, or a bit of yellow in the characters detail. See what you think.

Dave: Thanks for the feedback mate. I thought that the "fur" route forward was one way to give this guy an old world feeling, while the red (which will be painted much darker and metallic when it's finished) would give a more sci-fi aspect. I am trying to include as many different genres as I can to illustrate the inclusiveness of the site. Again, thanks for the feedback!

Claude: Great paintover there my friend! Looking at it now, she does need her noggin increasing in size, so that's something I can look into. I love it when people take the time to do paintovers. I am not quite saticfied with her face, so your paintover has given me a few more options to play with. Btw, say thanks to your mum for me!! Her input has been invaluable!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

13 Jul 2014 16:44 #2516 by Stuart
Looks good, though I'd like a bit of colour there to draw the eye personally. :)

13 Jul 2014 23:17 #2699 by mute827
Thanks everybody. I'm going to add color at the end. The most important thing for me is to get the values right. I will probably use limited mute colors with one accent color but I want the CG logo to also stand out because this isn't just a painting challenge but an ad challenge. It has to also serve the purpose of selling your brand not just painting a pretty picture. So I have to be careful with the color and lighting I use if I want the logo to be included as part of the painting.

14 Jul 2014 07:08 #2724 by Stuart

14 Jul 2014 19:27 - 14 Jul 2014 19:29 #2876 by oaktree
Some great work going on around here. I'm posting this idea just to say I was there.
The idea is the wizard pulling in images from the space around him and channeling them into the nexus.
He should have a wise face but inviting his gesture should also be seen as inviting.
Attachments:

14 Jul 2014 19:30 #2878 by Domtopia
Hey Oak!! Glad to see you here!

Let's see where this image of yours goes. A nice concept to start with!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

14 Jul 2014 19:32 #2879 by Charlotte
Welcome Oak! Glad to see you jump straight in! :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.