May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Want to find out if your artwork has been training AI generators?

22 Jul 2023 15:22 #46425 by Banj
If you are interested to see if your artwork has been scraped by thieving A.I. training algorithms, you can stick your name into this site and it will show any matches: haveibeentrained.com/ 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jul 2023 15:51 #46426 by Valence
If someone's using my pictures to generate art then I think they may end up suing me for the dodgy hands they get. :dry:

22 Jul 2023 15:56 #46427 by Banj
Considering A.I. generators are renowned for dodgy looking hands, it may be that they were only trained with your artwork   (not that I think there is actually anything wrong with your hands... or those that you draw/paint)

22 Jul 2023 16:41 #46428 by Charlotte
:ohmy:
Seems my Limbo piece from way back is included. That is one very low-quality picture to practice on.... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

22 Jul 2023 16:56 #46429 by Banj
There's a load of my old artwork from my Deviant Art account in there, which makes DA's whole opt out system that they eventually implemented completely useless when the images have already been used.

22 Jul 2023 17:00 #46430 by Charlotte
I don't get why anyone should have to "opt out" from having their automatically copyrighted work used without their consent or knowledge.... Shouldn't it be mandatory for AI thingies to only use stuff from people who "opted in"? (And the dead guys)

:hmm:

Then again we have to "opt out" of getting drowned in advertisements via mail and phone.... :dry:
As if that's something anyone wants....

22 Jul 2023 17:07 #46431 by Banj

08 Mar 2024 14:44 #49476 by Banj
A list submitted as evidence in a court case containing names of artists the developers of Midjourney were caught discussing intentionally scraping for mimicking their styles: storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.usco...nd.407208.129.10.pdf

08 Mar 2024 15:27 #49481 by Valence
Yay! They've still never heard of me! :woohoo: :dry:

08 Mar 2024 15:36 #49482 by Charlotte
Me either. Then again I didn't know who they were, either. Had to google...

Also looked for my name without any expectation of finding it. I did find there were 30 Charles and one Charlie (not Bowater) but not a single Charlotte on the list, though. So looked some more and there are female names on the list. Just comparatively few.