April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

15 Sep 2021 14:57 #36608 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Sep 2021 15:03 #36609 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park

I didn't start watching them until.... well.... I think I saw one of them? With the Rock and Jason Statham constantly bickering and one of them apparently being involved with the other's sister, I think.

That may be the Hobbs And Shaw spinoff that was on Netflix. :confident:

That's partly why I've been experiencing these shoddy things. I was gonna watch it when Netflix "recommended" it but then realised that I wouldn't know who the characters were so didn't bother. Coincidently a TV channel started showing the whole series of films so I tortured myself with all that tedious street racing jargon. They're all pretty poor but number seven reaches levels of silliness I've never imagined.

15 Sep 2021 15:10 #36610 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
"Hobbs & Shaw" does sound very familiar... So... that was a spin-off outside of the 7 Fast & Furious thingies? I guess I haven't actually watched any of them, then. :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

15 Sep 2021 15:15 #36611 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park

the 7 Fast & Furious thingies? 

Pretty certain there's at least 9 now 

15 Sep 2021 16:02 #36612 by Charlotte
They multiply very fast.... and furiously? :dry:

15 Sep 2021 22:20 - 15 Sep 2021 22:26 #36616 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Trailer Park
Well despite also having a good amount of 'watch later' flicks in the queue of multiple programs, I haven't been watching too much of anything myself here lately. ... Been dealing with a bunch of stuff, but mostly helping my Wife, who has been going through a bunch of crap with Doctors/Hospitals, and this has been going on for nearly 3-4 months now.

She was supposed to be having surgery on her arm, for nerve damage issues, where they were planning on cutting her from her palm down half way to her elbow. And also another area on the inside of her elbow... but the recovery timeframe is said to be around 18 months. But the anesthesiologist kept refusing to put her under, stating they were not receiving the proper documentation from another facility that did all the testing they originally requested. (This crap went on for 2 months itself, and meanwhile, I was taking off days of work to run her down to the Hospital in Washington DC (A PLACE I HATE!) for Covid testing 2 days prior to her scheduled surgeries, only to have them cancel the surgery the day before it was scheduled. This happened 2 or 3 times.) ... During all this, one of the reports actually showed she might have a blockage in her heart, so we starting trying to set up a catheterization, which also got denied a few times! ... When she actually had it done, they went into her wrist and up to her heart, and thankfully didn't find any blockages. But just a few days before this procedure was performed, she actually rolled her ankle and I had to take her to the Urgent Care where she was told is was a sprain... Well, a couple weeks later, she still had swelling and pain in her right foot, and it was re-checked by a doctor she was seeing for 2 bone spurs she also was having issues with, and he explained and showed her it was actually broken and not sprained. So she's still in the Air-Cast, and I've pretty much been doing all the cooking, cleaning, etc. etc. - So after all this, she's thinking of not even going through with the nerve damage surgery, with having to deal with all this, and having an 18 month possible recovery time. She's no longer thinking it's worth it. 

But since I've been pretty much staying busy from the time I get home, until bed, I just decided to go back and visit the Marvel Movies. Figuring they can pretty much play in the BG if needed, while doing all the other stuff. But did include the Black Widow Flick, and the Spidey flicks this time, watching them all in timeline order. - So I just have 'Infinity War', 'EndGame' and then 'Far from Home'. Then it list the newest one, 'Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings'. But to be honest... I'm not sure just how much I might get into this one? I've never been into 'martial arts movies' at all, and so I'm just hoping it has enough MU feel to make me want to watch it, or enjoy it? ... But will probably check out all the Loki flicks on Disney since they finally have them all available, and not weekly episodes anymore. 

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

15 Sep 2021 22:41 #36617 by Charlotte
I'm so sorry to hear about all your wife's troubles. Sounds like she must be in a great deal of pain pretty much all the time :(

I haven't been watching much the past few days myself. But I still have several seasons of Dragons (how to tame your dragon series) left and I haven't even started the new season (or is it second half of last season, again?) of Lucifer. Today I watched the second episode of the latest available season of Unforgotten on Swedish online/streaming telly. Meanwhile the cats are going crazy, chasing each other all through the apartment and Gandalf is skidding across my desk every now and then which is highly annoying since my desk is a mess and when he does things risk falling to the floor, including pricey electronical stuff like my (still) new cellphone. :dry:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Digital Dave

16 Sep 2021 11:24 #36618 by Valence
I did notice Lucifer popping up on Netflix again and did think you'd be watching it. :P
Away from Netflix I watched Knives Out last night. I didn't really know what to expect from it and it was a little silly in a couple of places but I did end up liking it.

16 Sep 2021 22:16 - 17 Sep 2021 00:41 #36632 by Valence
And seeing as I've confessed to "experiencing" those furiously fast silly car movies I may as well sit through that Hobbs and Shaw nonsense right now. :stare:

Edit: Ryan Reynolds is in it?! :pout:
If it isn't just a cameo then I hope he dies soon. :(

Edit 2: Well that was odd. Apart from the two title characters, it had no connection to the previous films, no connection to the world those films took place in and no connection to ...well... reality. :blink:
It was more like a scifi superhero movie. But it wasn't the worst thing I've seen. :shrug:

17 Sep 2021 07:31 #36634 by Charlotte
I don't even remember RR from it... :dry:
Hopefully you won't either! :P